ASUS ZenPad 10 (Z301) won't turn on or charge

Becky_x

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I went to power on my tablet last night and it loaded as normal, asked me to put in my pattern to unlock, so I did. It started loading but then the screen was white and a box came up saying something about putting in a password to start android. I've never set up a password to anything as far as I know so I don't know what that is. But another box came up saying the keyboard wasn't working and I was able to press the 'back' button which took me back to entering a password, but when I tapped the box to enter something the 'keyboard not working' one came back up.

I held down the power button and restarted the tablet but realised that it never came back on.
Nothing happens when I put the charger in and I know the charger is fine as it works for my phone.

I tried a few things, holding volume+ and power for 60sec then putting in charger then pressing or holding power again. The same but volume- and power. The same but without the charger etc

Nothing is working so wondered if anyone had any other ideas.

Thanks

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would leave it on the charger all night. Then, I would do the power + volume up button repeatedly until the bootloader comes up.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
try without power cord, Hold down power button for 60 seconds and then let go of it. Plug in the power cord. Now hold down the power button a few seconds

Becky_x

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
sorry, just reread your post and missed that you already tried that. getting old,

if you already tried everything on the following page, then I don't know. also check out their community.

https://howto-android.com/how-to-turn-on-a-asus-zenpad-10-without-the-power-button/
https://zentalk.asus.com/en

No problem, happens to us all :)

That first link, it says to boot without a power button hold down the 'main button' and calls it a phone. I don't have any other buttons other than power, volume up and volume down. Regardless, I tried it but no luck.

The second link seems to be for phones, do you think they'll mind me posting there? No worries if you don't know I'll give it a try

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
No problem, happens to us all :)

That first link, it says to boot without a power button hold down the 'main button' and calls it a phone. I don't have any other buttons other than power, volume up and volume down. Regardless, I tried it but no luck.

The second link seems to be for phones, do you think they'll mind me posting there? No worries if you don't know I'll give it a try

oh well, just thought trying with out the power button would help. as far as the community, I did a search and there are a lot of questions about the zenpad on it. under the phone section there is an other subsection, try posting there.

SpecFour

Sep 25, 2021
Visit site
try without power cord, Hold down power button for 60 seconds and then let go of it. Plug in the power cord. Now hold down the power button a few seconds

This worked on my Z10. Closed it down the other night and the next evening it seemed bricked. Was going to open it up tomorrow and jump start the battery since I thought that was the problem. The 60 second thing, then variations on plug in and power. Power and volume down with the charger plugged in got the utility screen or whatever, and from there it rebooted. Came up with 94% on the battery so it was charging even when it was a brick.

I realize this is an old thread, but thanks for posting this. Saved me a couple hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie