Messaging at start up

FernleyE

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey all.
I need to figure out how to stop messaging apps etc from updating old messages and showing that I have X-number of unread messages on my Zenpad?

Specifically.... Let's say I don't use my pad for 2 or 3 days. But today I turn it on. As it starts all my messaging apps such as: email, Facebook, text messages, etc etc show that there are unread messages.

So for example the icon will show that I have, let's say, 20 text messages. In fact I don't, but it's counting the 20 that were sent and opened/read on my cell phone since the last time I started my Zenpad up.. When I open the app they of course are not showing if I deleted a message or they don't show as unread. Which is good that it's not showing messages as unread once in the app but why is it seeing messages that are read our deleted as the app starts?

This doesn't happen in reverse. For example of I open a message on my Zenpad but then start my phone the apps on my phone so not reflect the opened messages that I looked at on the pad.

So I guess my question is how do I stop the apps from showing that I have unread messages?

Hopefully that wasn't confusing.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
When you turn on the Zenpad it is syncing with the server and as far as the Zenpad is aware it hasn't had those messages. Can you clarify what is happening with text messages as surely the Zenpad has a different cell # so has no connection with your phone.
As for email, same as the above as the emails are on the server waiting to sync with the device when switched on. You can overcome this by changing to an IMAP configuration

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, what happens if you wait a while before tapping any of those apps? If you wait long enough, the sync might catch up and the notifications might go away. That's what happens on my Lenovo Tab 4 8.

FernleyE

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.
Regards to text messages: I only use it via WiFi no cell connection.
And do I change to imap on the pad? If so where is that done?
Sorry to bother but I'm rather every level user on this topic.

FernleyE

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply as well.
Time is not a factor. The icon will say 20 for example and not change unless I open the specific app.
Of course... I've only really waited maybe 5 or 10 mins. But I would think that more than sufficient time for a sync.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply as well.
Time is not a factor. The icon will say 20 for example and not change unless I open the specific app.
Of course... I've only really waited maybe 5 or 10 mins. But I would think that more than sufficient time for a sync.
Time is a factor if you are traveling man

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any power-saving modes turned on? Also try turning off battery optimization for the app in the system settings, in case that's preventing the sync from happening until you actually open the app itself.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
To change to imap you need to change your account settings using your email program on your PC and then change phone settings. To know what the settings should be ,Google IMAP settings and your provider. There likely to be some sort of tutorial in those search results