Now that z580ca

davcole

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I love the look of the screen though the auto balance does have it a little dim in low light situations. The sound is a bit lower volume than expected. The sd card was a no go! Completely froze the screen!

I am surprised that while generally snappy, this tablet has some severe touch issues! Surprising so! That's been a real disappointment. Not to mention there are some apps which don't play well:

HBO NOW will bring up menus but won't play video.(Ironically no problems at all with Showtime, Amazon, Netflix).

Facebook Messenger doesn't give option for video calling. I had to go back to Messenger version 30 to get the video camera icon.

My NFL app will force close each time I try to watch a video clip!

Shame cause there is so much else I like about this tablet!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

RocketmanN7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't seem to get the option for video calling in Facebook Messenger as well.
HBO GO plays movies fine on my Z580CA. I don't have HBO NOW
Google Play Movie rentals state that they will play in SD only on this device.
It seems that certain apps do not recognize the display on this device, or that it is HD.
I hope ASUS can work out the bugs in this device, generally I like it.

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I complained to Asus regarding the HD problem ,you may want to add your concerns too ,the more the better
**tps://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153655573702246&id=750612245&set=o.199786017676&notif_t=photo_comment&ref=bookmarks

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Well crap this is probably the issue I had with mine. I had no idea they were all like this. That's crap and if they're not going to fix it I'm glad I sent mine back.

davcole

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't seem to get the option for video calling in Facebook Messenger as well.
HBO GO plays movies fine on my Z580CA. I don't have HBO NOW
Google Play Movie rentals state that they will play in SD only on this device.
It seems that certain apps do not recognize the display on this device, or that it is HD.
I hope ASUS can work out the bugs in this device, generally I like it.
Apparently there is some issue with the cpu and Facebook Messenger. Some kind of update with v31 or higher that doesn't allow for video calling so I had to go back!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000