Does the ZenPad S 8.0 Z580C make any noise when restarting?

quixoticduck

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I’m thinking of buying the 8 inch version of this tablet. Does it make any noise when it turns on/off or when the battery is low? If it does, does it have any tendency to restart at random even when it is unused?

My Hudl 2 did these things and used to wake me up if I left it on. I don't want to risk being woken up if I happen to leave it on near where I'm sleeping.

Ps. Less important question would you say the battery above or below average? Thanks. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've not heard of any issues with this device. As far as the battery, it should be decent pending usage patterns. What types of things are you going to be using the device mostly for (i.e. Gaming)?

quixoticduck

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for replying, sorry for my slow reply. It will be mainly kept at home, I'll just web browse and watch YouTube (maybe TV/Films too if I'm just lounging and don't care about them enough for a big screen). I know 4:3 isn't the best for videos but I think I'll prefer it overall. I've tried iPad Mini's in shops and they feel a nice size/aspect ratio.

So to clarify, it's possible for all sound to be turned off? Sometimes devices make a noise when they turn off or have a low battery beep that can't be turned off.

I guess I like the idea of a battery decent enough to leave it on standby and it be ok the next day if I don't use it that day, I'm not sure if that's unrealistic. I'm fine with charging my phone each night ready for my day, but not having to think so much about keeping a tablet charged.

I'm sure it'll better than my previous tablet which often used more power with the screen on than it could take in and the battery would deplete even when charging!

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The tablet is very quiet. I leave mine all weekend without charging and it is still good to go. Restarts and shut downs do not make any noises. I am not sure about the battery draining as it has only happened to me once and I didn't notice it at all. You will love the tablet. It plays videos very nicely.