I picked up the moto 360 2nd gen this weekend I love it, but am not sure I can/should justify the cost over the Zenwatch 2. Anyone have any thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-07-2015 08:48 PM
    Not sure. I have the Zenwatch 2 and I absolutely love it. I even like the brushed metal look of the bezel. I prefer square watches to round though. If you don't like square watches I wouldn't recommend it.
    11-08-2015 01:18 PM
    I'm not as concerned about square vs. round. More reliability, function, build quality, etc. I've heard mixed things about it staying connected.

11-08-2015 01:21 PM
    I've heard that too, but fortunately I've had no issue. I've had it since the day it launched at Best Buy and I haven't had a single disconnect. From my experience with it I would recommend it to anybody I know.
    11-08-2015 02:36 PM
    Thanks. I'm curious to post the same thing in the moto360 section and get their take.

11-08-2015 02:59 PM
    Not sure. I have the Zenwatch 2 and I absolutely love it. I even like the brushed metal look of the bezel. I prefer square watches to round though. If you don't like square watches I wouldn't recommend it.
    I too prefer square watches. They seem to be on the way out. I feel the square looks better. I am still debating on getting the Zenwatch 2
    11-08-2015 09:40 PM
    I tried the zenwatch 2 but I just could not stand the connectivity issues. I tried everything suggested but the watch just would not stay connected for more than an hour, even though the phone was in my pocket the whole time. I have a Galaxy S6 so it could be something with the phone? My other devices keep a solid connection though. I also count not stand the way the watch charges. I could not get the magnets to stay in place and the watch would quit charging without me knowing. The frustration I experienced with the watch was enough for me to send it back.
    11-09-2015 08:04 AM
    Shouldn't be the phone because I have a Note 5 (almost the same) and I'm not having the issue. But by that logic it shouldn't be the watch either. Maybe there's some questionable build quality with the first round? Mine also doesn't have the mushy crown that some reviews mentioned. I have no problem telling when it's been pressed. I probably sound like a schill, but this experience truly has been great for me.
    11-09-2015 04:51 PM
    I have the Note5 as well and have no problems staying connected. The only connectivity problem I have found is that the bluetooth range on this watch is significantly less than my pebble steel. Not a deal breaker, but it is noticable.

I really like the Moto360, if I could justify the price difference, I might have gone that way.
    11-10-2015 10:13 AM
    I had the same internal debate over cost, and went Zen...and I love it!
    12-28-2015 11:19 PM
    I had the same internal conflict. Went with zw2. Awesome!

Currently using LG G4 and Asus Zenwatch 2.
    12-29-2015 03:46 PM
    I had 2 moto 360 second gen's. They are a rip off in my opinion. The zw2 is a better made watch with a better more evenly colored screen and in my opinion better in just about every way. Moto is ridiculously over charging for their watches and the zw2 exposes that for sure. It also has a speaker so when android wear gets speaker support that will be nice. The moto doesn't have a speaker.
    12-31-2015 10:56 AM