Silly question - manual setting of time

gerryex

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi ALL,

Here's a silly question! Is it possible to manually set the time and date? I realize the prime use of any Android Wear watch is to pair up with a phone and then it gets its time setting from the phone. But what if for some reason the phone is off and you need to change the watch's time?

The specific scenario I have is when I'm traveling on a plane crossing time zones as soon as the plane lifts off I like to change my watch to the destination's time zone so I have an idea when I'll arrive vs. the scheduled arrival time, which is always given in the destination's local time. I also like to just shut off the phone while in the air.

I looked in the ZW2's settings and there was none for setting the time or date. Also, if you put the phone and/or the ZW2 in Airplane mode doesn't that shut off Bluetooth and if so the ZW2 couldn't talk to the phone anyway.

So is there any way to manually set the time and date?

Thanks,
Gerry

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The only way I could think of doing this would be to take your phone off of Automatic update of Date and Time, set your phone to the time you want your watch to be, turn your phone off. Make sure to set your phone back to automatic date and time after you power it on again.

gerryex

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The only way I could think of doing this would be to take your phone off of Automatic update of Date and Time, set your phone to the time you want your watch to be, turn your phone off. Make sure to set your phone back to automatic date and time after you power it on again.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't really travel that much, maybe twice a year, so its no big deal but I would have thought there would have been a setting to manually change the time and/or date.

Do you know that if you're in Airplane Mode in either the ZW2 or an Android phone does that shut off Wi Fi?

Gerry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm