How Does Text Messaging Work?

rodtod11

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I recieve atext notification, but cannot read the text. On my wifes Moto she can read part of the text. How can I set this up? Seems silly to get a notification to look at your phone, which notifies me with a tone already.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I recieve atext notification, but cannot read the text. On my wifes Moto she can read part of the text. How can I set this up? Seems silly to get a notification to look at your phone, which notifies me with a tone already.
This largely depends on what app your using for SMS... Some apps do not support Android Wear. I'd suggest Hangouts IMO.

Which SMS app are you using? Is it currently up to date with all available updates?

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Problem I have with Google Messenger is it does not seem to use the customize notification sounds I've assigned to certain people. I don't believe Hangouts does either. I use the stock SMS app that came with the GS6 and it's a bit pointless as I can't read the message. Same goes for email. I use the stock email client from Samsung. I get the notification but can't read the message.

Still learning and figuring it all out.

fdisker2000

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this with my note 3 and note edge. You probably have to go into Sound and Notification in Settings and set it to Show all content in While locked.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
This is a well know problem i think it is do to the fact sammy makes there own watches (my personal opinion) somthing to try is chomp sms it has standalone support for the watch it might help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech