Hello Everyone - I just purchased my Zenwatch 2 a few days ago and have mixed feelings about it. I have a few issues but not quite sure if it's just user error or if I have a lemon watch. I want to be able to power down my watch and charge it nightly, however when I power down the watch and attach the pogo charger, the watch instantly powers back on. I tried it three times in a row in different variations (placing it on the charger and then powering it down, powering it down and then placing it on the charger etc). Is anyone else having this problem? The reason for powering it off at night is because I don't want to be woken up by the phone's lights/vibrations when I get emails at all hours of the night. Is the watch supposed to do this? I have checked the manual and it says nothing about this.
    01-19-2016 12:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you attach the cradle after powering off the watch, is it only the charging screen that comes on, or can you actually bring up your watchface? If it's only the charging screen, I'd imagine that it's like the battery icon that appears on a Android phone when it's powered off but plugged in.

If it's only the charging screen, does it actually still buzz at you when you get a notification on the phone?
    01-19-2016 01:29 PM
    . . .
    I want to be able to power down my watch and charge it nightly, however when I power down the watch and attach the pogo charger, the watch instantly powers back on.
    . . .
    Hi,

That's the way it works. However even if the ZW2 is almost to 0 charge it will get to 100% in an hour or two - it charges very fast. So when you get home and if you don't need the watch start to charge it right away and by the time your ready for bed it should be 100% and then you can just power it off. That's how I use it.

Gerry
    01-19-2016 06:15 PM
    As the others have stated this is normal; my Huawei watch and Moto 360 also do this.
    I put all of my Android Wear watches in theater mode (push crown button twice @ night to turn off their displays and notification alerts (push crown button again in the morning, to turn theater mode off).
    02-19-2016 08:39 AM