Works as a watch, but that's all

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
My ZW2 has stopped receiving notifications all together and will not send any either. The Android Wear app says it is connected and the test messages from the app/phone to the watch work. However I'm unable to send or receive standard SMS or email.

Tried using Hangouts per recommendations and no change. I unpaired which factory reset the watch and I've power cycled the phone multiple times.

Looks like I'll be sending it back. :(

Any suggestions, tips, etc before I do so? Wifi is connected and I've tried both with and without. It was working last night so not sure what changed.

Galaxy S6 from AT&T v5.1.1 and the watch is running 6.0.1.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

wbvczar

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend a factory reset. I've done it each time I received an update and it does wonders. I was getting disconnects after the recent update, so I did a reset and it's working great now.

On Marshmallow, it's under Settings - Unpair with phone.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I got the update on my watch yesterday, and immediately after it wasn't connecting right. I power cycled my phone, but it still wasn't showing notifications correctly or even showing phone calls. This morning, everything seems to be working normally. All I did was left it on the charger all night as per usual.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I got the update on my watch yesterday, and immediately after it wasn't connecting right. I power cycled my phone, but it still wasn't showing notifications correctly or even showing phone calls. This morning, everything seems to be working normally. All I did was left it on the charger all night as per usual.

As of about 1 hour ago, it magically started working. Didn't do anything other than remove it from its charger.

Thanks all for the feed back.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon