Google Play Music Problems

Dion Holmes

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zenwatch 2 and a subscription to Google Play Music. My phone is an unrooted Moto X Pure (2015). I'm supposed to be able to sync music I have downloaded on my phone to the watch, but thus far I've only been able to sync music that I've uploaded to GPM or that's on my SD card. None of the music that I've downloaded with my subscription will sync, not full albums individual songs or playlists. I've factory reset the phone with no change.

Is this how this is supposed to work? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App on my MXPE

Larry Dillenberg

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have not done individual songs but I did sync two playlists. I did it by selecting the playlist in GPM and then hitting the little download icon. After it was done I went into settings, manage wear downloads, and then selecting the same playlist that was previously downloaded.

Dion Holmes

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had to unmount my SD card in order to get the GPM downloaded music to sync. Apparently GPM doesn't play nice with SD cards that contain other music files. I found a post on Google's Android Wear forum.

EDIT: The music was erased as soon as I remounted my SD card. Still no concrete fix if you already have music on your SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App on my MXPE

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18