Android Wear 2.0 on the ZenWatch 2

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My brightness stays right up at 5 permanently. I usually end the day with about 35% battery left and I charge my watch every night next to my phone anyway so I've nothing to lose.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
My brightness stays right up at 5 permanently. I usually end the day with about 35% battery left and I charge my watch every night next to my phone anyway so I've nothing to lose.
How many complications does your watch face have? I use the Glance watch face that has six customizable complications plus day/date and the next agenda item. Since I've never gotten the battery life that some folks refer to I'm starting to suspect that multiple complications might cause a greater battery drain.

ZW2 screenshot 170724 blurred agenda.jpg

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
How many complications does your watch face have? I use the Glance watch face that has six customizable complications plus day/date and the next agenda item. Since I've never gotten the battery life that some folks refer to I'm starting to suspect that multiple complications might cause a greater battery drain.

View attachment 264746

I usually use the Master watch face or something similar and they almost always only have 3 widget/complication spaces . You could be right but I would think the built in watchfaces including the Glance one would be better optimised than say a 3rd party watchface.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 57

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

View attachment 264746
That's my thoughts too. I have a few apps downloaded that I wonder if they are consuming my battery too.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I decided to turn my wifi back on as in the end I just wasn't seeing the full two days between charges so I figured if I'm charging daily that I'll keep my wifi on so I don't have to keep my phone in my pocket all the time to get full usage from the Zenwatch 2. At first I really thought it was going to make a big difference but for me it just didn't do it.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Pixel 2 XL to connect to my Asus Zenwatch 2. Let's see if this works better

Update:

Not showing notifications on 8.1 Beta

Maybe I forgot to check a box somewhere.

Last edited:

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Pixel 2 XL to connect to my Asus Zenwatch 2. Let's see if this works better

Update:

Not showing notifications on 8.1 Beta

Maybe I forgot to check a box somewhere.
Well started getting notifications. Not sure what happened but it definitely started working when I set my phone to Do Not Disturb today.

I did find out that if I get an incoming call, it works better if I answer using the watch. Then I can talk using the phone.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Well started getting notifications. Not sure what happened but it definitely started working when I set my phone to Do Not Disturb today.

I did find out that if I get an incoming call, it works better if I answer using the watch. Then I can talk using the phone.
I just don't understand how to set up phone calls with this watch. I finally reset the watch and just disallow the watch from handling calls. I really don't want to use my watch to talk on the phone. Don't really mind answering the call with the watch but want to use the phone to talk. This seems cumbersome to me and many times prevents me from making or receiving calls properly. Now, it works better for me. I still get texts and email and other app notifications on the watch but no calls.

The Pebble was better.

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Started using my ZW2 again last month, after letting it collect dust for about a year. The latest Wear OS, paired with a newer phone, makes this an amazing device!

For the first time, I'm really enjoying using the watch. The interface is much more reliable and logical than when I first bought it a couple years ago. Notifications are outstanding. I've put my old Fitbit away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay