Update Today

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the Android Wear 2 update today. Kind of a pita to set up watch faces now. Have to do it on watch not in phone. Everything seems to work fine but I notice no advantage other than shorter battery life.

Any tips? I know a lot of people did a complete reset. I did not but notifications work. Apps work. My google account set up in watch.

What great new thing can I do? I see no advantage to downloading apps directly to watch unless there is some great app someone can recommend?

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The pairing and reloading apps after reset was so much faster
I guess with me getting mine today I shouldn't even have to deal with the other version as I would think mine will update straight to 2.0 from the start. Now I just got word that my UPS driver can't make it until 3pm! I specifically called early this morning and kindly ask if I could meet him before 1030 or if he could deliver before 1030 and the lady at UPS was rude as hell. I almost ask her did she hate her job that bad. I didn't but should have for UPS not even remotely working with me. Now I've got all day to kill before it's delivered. What a major let down. To top it off she claimed she would get back in touch with the driver and call me back. You think I ever heard back from her? Nope. I can't stand UPS. FedEx is different. They will help the customer. I guess when you are as big as UPS is, what in the hell or in the very least do I matter to them.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just updated mine but I lost the custom options to place my battery life and phone battery life on the watch face. Anyone figured out how to find those custom options from the app again?

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Just updated mine but I lost the custom options to place my battery life and phone battery life on the watch face. Anyone figured out how to find those custom options from the app again?
Looks like the only way you can do it now is directly on the watch itself, not via the app.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The only disadvantage I've found so far is that the 'Ok/Select' by flicking the watch down toward the ground Wrist Gesture has gone? All the others are still there but I used this one a lot to expand notifications and to send replies etc without having to touch the watch. Now it's no longer completely hands free