Notifications?

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Last week I got my 2-year-old ZW2 out of the drawer. I used it for a few months after I got it, and didn't think it was very practical. After I got a Fitbit Charge 2 as a gift, I put the ZW2 away and didn't think much about it.

But recently I decided I needed to give it another shot with Android Wear 2. Updated it, paired it with my phone and all seems good. I actually like the interface much better than AW1.5. Battery life is not quite as good, but gets a day and a half, so nothing changes - I still charge it each night.

My one issue (and from the AW forum on google.com, this seems common to all watch brands using AW2): NOTIFICATIONS GENERALLY DON'T WORK. That is, if I swipe up, I can see the same notifications I have on my phone, but there's no "pop up" to tell me they have arrived. This is a real problem for texts! When one arrives, the watch doesn't chime, vibrate or display anything. Even the Fitbit device would let me know a text has arrived. Text notifications is a basic requirement in a so-called smart watch!

Has anyone solved this? Seems like it has been discussed for months, but is still an issue.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
That's odd. I get notifications for email, sms, Facebook Messenger and other things like calendar reminders from outlook.

cherokee140

Jan 2, 2018
Visit site
I [just] got my first REAL smartwatch which was this Zenwatch 2 in gold ---- closeout for $59. So far I like it a lot and I do NOT have problems with notifications, especially texts. My watch will vibrate each text I get However, Gmail and Outlook will not...which is fine with me. I get about 2 days of run time. Also, I did reset the watch after pairing it and originally setting up before I updated to AW 2.7?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
A great app to install on your phone is Feel The Wear. It lets you customise the vibrations for each apps notifications on the watch as well as custom tones and even text to speach. It made such an improvement to my ZW2