Asus Zen Watch - May have to rethink the Moto 360

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
This really looks good for a non-round watch. I think Motorola missed the boat when the 360 was not released after Google I/O. I was excited for it, back then, and would have bought one had it been released. But since it took so long, others have stepped up to the plate. We've got the G Watch R to consider as well. Big misstep on Motorola, IMHO.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Still excited for the 360, but the ZenWatch is very tempting. But we don't know when asus will launch it, we could wait another 6 months for it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Now there's the LG G Watch R. Looks more like my Kennith Cole watch. Not concerned about the light sensor. I always disable the light sensor on my phones as they always seem to struggle to pick a brightness.

It's great to get more choices.

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
If Asus can get this out and hit that $200 us price point I think they will sell a lot but I'm going with the 360

Posted via the Android Central App

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Moto 360 runtime is approx. 12 hours? Not really thrilled about this. May just wait until next generation. As much as I love bleeding edge, these watches feel underwhelming. I do like the 360 for the clean "roundness" and the wireless charging, though. Zenwatch is the best looking non-round, but needs to be plugged in to charge. These are definitely WIPs. And still need to see what Apple does.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Ars has an interesting article on the 360 internals. No way I'm getting that. Now waiting to see what Apple or Asus does.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Moto for me as always been about the looks. I never expected great runtime. In the end of the day if it can't do 48 hours then I can't use it as an alarm clock so it's annoying. This is something I came to terms with for the moto, it's my style watch.

Asus need to nail runtime somehow, but honestly I don't think that will happen until a new battery Tech comes out. Hopefully someone brings out a mirasol display!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You know, I was all set to buy the Moto 360. The way they went about finally releasing it though has completely turned me off. I still think it is the best looking smart watch even compared to the unreleased Apple Watch. But with the battery life being sub-par on the 360 and the really, really old processor is making me second guess myself, and I'm glad I did. Between the specs and just flat out unable to find one anywhere has given me enough time to realize I need to wait. This waiting led me into looking more into the ZenWatch. I absolutely love the light brown band. And the body itself looks elegant. I will wait to pass judgement on this when it is released and we can see the battery life on it. The one thing I am hoping Asus was able to do that Motorola wasn't, was the ability to have the actual watch "on" all the time. As much as I love the 360, I do not want to buy a watch where the actual clock isn't even on and can last a whole day.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have owned a gear 1 and it had the flick to turn on. It annoyed me for about a day and then it just felt natural. The 360 can last a day as well, a new update has helped the battery life heaps.

dbhart5

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sony SW2, Motorola 360 and a Zen watch. My Zen watch is BY FAR the better watch of the three. Style, battery life and simplicity.

Don't bother with anything else available noe. It's Asus Zen Watch that's your best bet. BB for $199 is a great deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Love mine. I get almost four days per charge. To do that I've disabled always on and tilt to wake.

Just got 4 days on a charge, and still had 8% left when I put it on the charger. It was over the weekend, so had fewer notifications.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon