Asus Zenwatch is finally here!!

mrubin

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Got mine ordered. Says usually leaves warehouse in 1 day. It's still available. Just 100 people have downloaded the Asus ZenWatch Manager from the play store though..now 101.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 1.19.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 1.19.23 PM.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 70

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Let us know your thoughts once you get it! It's definitely a nice looking watch.

anon(5401272)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm one of the downloaders..........:) Got my Zenwatch today. So far it's awesome...........I set it all up and paired it with my Note 4. Everything works great. I played around all evening to try all the options (about 6 hours) and the Battery went from 44% to 43% with watch set to always on. The watch does dim down and minimizes the watch face design somewhat but with a flick of the wrist it goes back to the original watch face. (see picture below - you can see the charging cradle attached to the watch without the USB cable connected). Very promising...........

Zenwatch sleep mode.jpg

Last edited:

mrubin

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Got Zenwatch yesterday. Whoo Hoo, really like it. The watchband is pretty stiff though. Has same footprint on wrist as the Moto 360 except it is rectangle. The "curved glass" is hardly noticeable. The inside of the watch that sits on your wrist is completely flat. Moto 360 is slightly thicker, but the band is sooo much more comfortable. The leather is really soft. The Zenwatch has nice quick release for the watchband, so it is easily replaced with any standard sized band. Not so on 360, because it seems you have to take the back off of it to change the band. The processor on the zenwatch is pretty fast and seems to be more responsive than the 360. Bummer that you can't sync both watches to 1 phone. You must choose a single dedicated connection at a time. It is easy to switch, but a hassle. I really like both the Asus and Moto watches..eventually I will sell one on eBay. Asus has an edge on battery. I wore it 24 hours and still had some charge. It charges pretty quickly and easily. The moto is an bedside clock when charging. The zenwatch has to attach to the charger. The moto has a band at the bottom of the screen. The zenwatch has a pretty large bezel, kinda like first iPads. Your picture makes this point. The face touches the bezel. High borders on tops and thinner on sides. Not a deal breaker. The watch looks really nice. They both operate pretty much the same except you can read full emails and messages on zenwatch. Just preview is viewable on 360. The moto 360 feels lighter on the wrist than the zenwatch. The zenwatch looks more fashion forward. The Zenwatch is definitely the style choice, while the 360 has more of a techy look to it. Zippiness aside they both the 360 and Zenwatch run the same android wear software, but the Zenwatch has it's own set of extra software for Wellness and watch management. These are some really sweet entry devices and I look forward to what 2015 has in store for us.

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Great info. Thanks. Mine is shipping to the store and due in on Monday. Can't wait. Will be deciding between it and the Sony smartwatch 3 I got early this week.

pckocher

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's mine. Love it! I replaced the band today (pictured here) - the metal clasp on the original band was really uncomortable on my wrist. This is the "Vigor" watch face with my own photo in the background.watch.jpg

pckocher

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The stock band has integrated spring bars that make it easy to remove and install, but they would not come out of the band (or go into another one) without a bit of trickery. This photo should illustrate what I mean.

You can also see why the stock band was not comfortable for me. On the longest settings, the metal clasp and hinge ended up against my wrist. On smaller settings, the clasp would be sandwiched between the two leather straps.

Attachments

• 7891.jpg
    7891.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 64

pckocher

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
mr_nobody - does your profile name come from the Jared Leto movie? I stumbled upon it on Netflix months ago and really enjoyed it.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I chose it years ago based on a character in a paul auster novel. There are certainly multiple uses...I believe there was a comic book character by that name? Does the jared leto movie have anything to do with the comic book? (going to look it up now)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10