No matter what watch face I use, even with the "always on" option, the watch face does not show everything until I either tilt my wrist or touch the watch face:

Question about "always on" watch faces-img_20150108_134359009-01.jpg

But once I tilt my wrist, it gets brighter, and I get more information on the screen:

Question about "always on" watch faces-img_20150108_134345930-01.jpg

Is there any setting that will allow it to keep all the information on screen at all times? It's not a huge deal, more of an annoyance, but I'd like to be able to see all the information if I just glance down at my wrist while I'm typing or something of that nature. I know it's a battery saving feature, but I get over 24 hours as it is, and I also charge it every night when I go to bed, so I don't think it would be an issue for me.
    S Mulla likes this.
    01-08-2015 01:52 PM
    Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
    01-08-2015 02:37 PM
    What app are you using for the watchface? Facer? Watchmaker? Basically, whoever created the face did a separate dim mode...you can edit the face so the dim mode is the same as the awake mode. I do this for every single watchface I load in watchmaker, I hate dim modes that are stripped down compared to the active face.
    Grifter73 likes this.
    01-08-2015 07:20 PM
    What app are you using for the watchface? Facer? Watchmaker? Basically, whoever created the face did a separate dim mode...you can edit the face so the dim mode is the same as the awake mode. I do this for every single watchface I load in watchmaker, I hate dim modes that are stripped down compared to the active face.
    Yes, I'm using Facer. Thanks for the info as well, I'll check out the settings..

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-08-2015 07:50 PM
    My mistake. It's in Watchmaker. Can you explain to me where the dim mode settings are found?

EDIT - Nevermind. Figured it out. Thanks for the heads up.

01-08-2015 07:52 PM
    My mistake. It's in Watchmaker. Can you explain to me where the dim mode settings are found?

EDIT - Nevermind. Figured it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Excellent, glad you got it working!
    01-09-2015 12:39 PM
    How do you edit that?
    01-09-2015 01:23 PM
    How do you edit that?
    For the app I have, Watchmaker, with each face you download, you can select "Customize Watch". Then, you can click on each element, scroll down to "Display" and choose from Bright, Dim, or Always. If you choose always, it will stay on the whole time.
    01-09-2015 02:12 PM
    How do you edit that?
    Someone else provided the details for watchmaker. I don't use facer anymore so you will have to just poke around. If you are talking about stock faces or something from the play store, you probably can't.
    01-09-2015 03:10 PM
    Is there any setting that will allow it to keep all the information on screen at all times? It's not a huge deal, more of an annoyance, but I'd like to be able to see all the information if I just glance down at my wrist while I'm typing or something of that nature. I know it's a battery saving feature, but I get over 24 hours as it is, and I also charge it every night when I go to bed, so I don't think it would be an issue for me.
    The Staylit app allows you to set the timeout on your watch from a few seconds to permanently on. It works well.
    Grifter73 and Air Force One like this.
    02-02-2015 04:42 PM
    If you keep it on permanently, do you know if you can still get a full day out of the battery?
    02-03-2015 08:29 AM
    If you keep it on permanently, do you know if you can still get a full day out of the battery?
    I doubt it very much. I tried it for about ten minutes and the charge went down noticeably. I now have it set to a one-minute timeout and it lasts more than a day.
    Grifter73 likes this.
    02-04-2015 11:03 AM
    No matter what watch face I use, even with the "always on" option, the watch face does not show everything until I either tilt my wrist or touch the watch face:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150108_134359009~01.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	158341

But once I tilt my wrist, it gets brighter, and I get more information on the screen:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150108_134345930~01.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	158343

That's how I always on works. It gives you a slim down black and white then version of your watch face you can glance at it without using excessive battery life. I find it to be a pretty useless feature though since twisting your wrist towards your face turns on the screen. The only reason to have it always on it so somebody glancing at your watch can see what time it is.
    05-30-2015 11:28 AM
    That's how I always on works. It gives you a slim down black and white then version of your watch face you can glance at it without using excessive battery life. I find it to be a pretty useless feature though since twisting your wrist towards your face turns on the screen. The only reason to have it always on it so somebody glancing at your watch can see what time it is.
    Just to elaborate on this... The reason some information disappears on the "ambient" or always on inactive mode is that Android Wear only updates the watch face about once a minute as a power saving measure while in this mode. Once the watch "wakes up" then the updates are much more frequent (once a second), however this will obviously take it's toll on the watches battery.

Given this elongated refresh time, some data (like a second hand) is simply unneeded and unnecessary on the low power "always on" mode and therefore is removed.
    wikison likes this.
    05-31-2015 04:19 AM
    I can't seem to find this watchface, could you please tell me where I can find it on the app? Thanks
    06-16-2015 05:42 PM
    Apps like Watchmaker Pro lets you basically create 2 watch faces...one for Bright and one for dim if you want. I made a watch that has a picture and data around the outside when awake, then more info where the picture is when dimmed. Pretty cool.
    06-24-2015 08:58 PM
    Yes, I do that, it works well.
    06-25-2015 06:19 AM
    useful for me because a watch is a watch when i go to restaurent i wan't people to see my beautiful watch face...with full brightness...they have to add that option even if it drain the battery...
    02-01-2016 02:20 AM
    useful for me because a watch is a watch when i go to restaurent i wan't people to see my beautiful watch face...with full brightness...they have to add that option even if it drain the battery...
    Did you see my earlier post here? http://forums.androidcentral.com/asu...ml#post4210821
    02-02-2016 01:32 PM
    For the app I have, Watchmaker, with each face you download, you can select "Customize Watch". Then, you can click on each element, scroll down to "Display" and choose from Bright, Dim, or Always. If you choose always, it will stay on the whole time.
    08-30-2016 02:26 AM
    I downloaded Watchmaker and i couldn't find the option "Always" or to make the bright time continues. I would be very greatfull if someone could make a short video on youtube how to do it!
    08-30-2016 02:30 AM