I just got this watch yesterday and charged it before I really started playing with it... But maybe I have a faulty unit because the battery drains like crazy on this thing. I charged it to full and took it off the charger this morning at 7am... And at 12pm it's down to 14%. Is this normal?

It's also draining my phones battery pretty badly too, I have a note 4 and I never had to charge my phone during the day.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2015 11:13 AM
    That does NOT seem normal to me. Check your battery screens on the phone for some clues as to what is going on. In the Android Wear app's settings on your phone, there is an option to show the watch's battery stats (as seen below)...

Also, check the battery screen in your Note 4's settings...

I would also check THIS THREAD for a reset procedure just to see if that will help things.

If all else fails, you could also contact Asus support.
    da3lynx likes this.
    01-24-2015 01:30 PM
    I usually have a 12 hour day with 50% - 40% left at the end of the 12 hours (note 3)

Posted via Android Central App
    01-24-2015 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna check and see what's been draining it once it charges up again. I'll try that reset procedure and if nothing else I guess I will have to return it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2015 03:39 PM
    I had already set my brightness down, set the screen timeout to 3 seconds, and disabled "always on", and was easily getting two days on a charge. Then, having noticed that driving and other arm movements woke it up all the time, and since it only occasionally seemed to detect when I flicked my wrist to turn it on intentionally, I disabled that feature. Now I have to touch the screen to turn it on, but am currently sitting with 35% power left since it came off the charger 56 hours ago. I'll easily get 3 days, and might even get 4 when the Watchmaker 3.1.0 update comes out with promised power saving improvements. I am running a watchface I adapted from one somebody else published for Watchmaker. I don't use any animation, I set the weather update interval to one hour, and have avoided bright colors in order to save screen power.
    01-25-2015 01:57 PM
    So I reset my watch and the battery life has drastically improved, I guess there was some rogue app running. So this is the before and after.

So glad the problem seems to be fixed, this watch was a gift and I really didn't want to have to return it.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life on the zen watch-uploadfromtaptalk1422215989756.jpg   Battery life on the zen watch-uploadfromtaptalk1422216087940.jpg  
    PlanetPluto7 and Penguwin like this.
    01-25-2015 02:02 PM
    So I reset my watch and the battery life has drastically improved, I guess there was some rogue app running. So this is the before and after.

So glad the problem seems to be fixed, this watch was a gift and I really didn't want to have to return it.
    Awesome! Good to see an easy fix was all that was needed!

Enjoy!
    daves221 likes this.
    01-25-2015 04:42 PM
    Did you turn on offline syncing on Google Music? That drains the hell out of your battery and takes forever. I tried that out one day and completely wiped my battery in a few hours.
    05-30-2015 10:31 AM
    Check brightness. (I set it to 3), and make sure there isn't an app ruining in the background. Also try doing a factory restore.

That's with always on enabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life on the zen watch-3031.jpg  
    geekaren likes this.
    06-24-2015 07:42 PM
    I find that I have to reset my watch first thing of a morning and it works good. I don't know if it is the face I am using (created it with WatchMaker) or a flaw?
    10-19-2015 10:17 AM
    I find that I have to reset my watch first thing of a morning and it works good. I don't know if it is the face I am using (created it with WatchMaker) or a flaw?
    Kinda odd... I use watchmaker as well and don't have to do this daily reset process.
    10-20-2015 07:03 AM