Prevent "Ok google" from coming up every time watch turns on

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So I sold my Moto360 and now havs the Asus Zenwatch, and it LOVE IT! I just have one question
I have my watch to that it comes on everytime I flip my wrist and not have it always on. The only problem is that when the watch comes on, the "Ok Google" always pops up for like 2 seconds then goes away. Is there a way I can turn that feature off so the "Ok Google" doesn't come on at all?

Willber G

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I found this on the Google product forum. It worked for me:

"Mine went away after I issue a number of OK Google commands.

Ok Google, show me my steps
Ok Google, play some music
Ok Google, whats 5 plus 3
Ok Google, stop saying ok google

I also used the "Open on Phone" button once.

I think the tutorial doesnt know to go away until it sees you do all the things."

Unfortunately I can't post a link yet.

MoToY

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first post on the Forums. I have been a silent reset for many months.

Just saying "don't show Ok google " did the trick for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine seemed to have gone away!
I think using "Ok Google" to say random things will make it go away after a while

Thanks for the suggestions

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
The one right before my post, just telling it to go away. Sounds like you need to use it a bit before telling it that...

I see Watchmaker added a setting to disable "Ok Google" text, but that that didn't work for me either..

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, just realized it has now gone away on mine. I've had my watch about 3 weeks now and have only used "OK Google" several times, but I guess it was a tutorial setting. Glad it's gone!

Posted via the Android Central App

erickajj

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I had to say "ok google" and then when it displays "speak now" on the screen you say "Do not show ok google" and it cancelled the pop up.