I hope someone can help me with this.

I'm loving my Huawei P8 and haven't had any issues up until now. I recently purchased a Asus Zenwatch.

the watch works fine if I leave my phone screen open. I can go into the Android Wear app and select to push notifications from the android wear watch and Zen Phone manager and it works a treat. Then when I lock my phone screen it stops, I have to go back into the app and select to push notifications again.

I think I have tried everything. I have checked under protected apps to make sure the Zenwatch manager and Android wear are set to run after closing the screen, which they are.

I have factory reset the watch a number a times and reconnected. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Android wear app etc. but it still does the same.

Has anyone else had this problem? Right now the watch is useless with this phone and I don't think it's the watches problem but the way the Huawei P8 handles push notifications.

Thanks

Mike
    07-03-2015 06:54 AM
    Which version of Android is your phone using? I've read that some people are having problems with Lollipop.
    07-03-2015 08:41 AM
    Yes its Lollipop. Every other app runs as expected it is just the Android Wear app not pushing notifications when I lock the phone. I still get notifications on the phones lock screen from my exchange emails and whatsapp etc. they just don't get pushed. Then when I go into Android Wear app it prompts me to enable notification pushing again. It works fine with the phone open, the notifications appear on my ZenWatch fine then it all stops when I lock the screen again.
    07-03-2015 09:05 AM
    Sorry I can't help, I don't think it's limited to Zenwatches so it's worth googling.
    07-03-2015 10:21 AM
    Thanks again. I just read an article about the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 and it has a bit about problems with android wear and pushing notifications. Hopefully it will be fixed when they release a 5.1 update. I'm hopeful they will fix it as they will be releasing their Huawei Watch which runs on Android Wear in the near future.
    07-03-2015 10:25 AM
    Thanks again. I just read an article about the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 and it has a bit about problems with android wear and pushing notifications. Hopefully it will be fixed when they release a 5.1 update. I'm hopeful they will fix it as they will be releasing their Huawei Watch which runs on Android Wear in the near future.
    This would be my guess as well... I don't have any concrete data to back that up tho. I'm guessing it is a software bug in the P8. I currently use a Asus ZenWatch daily connected to my Nexus 6 (running lollipop... 5.1.1) and do not have any issues there.

Just my .02... I hope you find some solid answers tho.
    07-05-2015 02:59 AM