Why does my Asus Zenwatch keep disconnecting from my phone?

A

AC Question

asus zenwatch keeps disconnecting from my phone

I just got my new watch the asus zen watch. then i got my phone.I then got the android wear app. i pared them up and within 30 seconds, on my watch a Google play service error after i went through the get started cards on the watch. then another com. Google. something pops up to. every time i factory reset it or do stuff with Google play service like resting it or uninstalling updates or do what other people say on line it still pops up, i don't know if its trying to update or something like that, its just weird.eve when i don't even do anything to it after i get it set up it still does that

my phone is on 5.0 and its a BLU Studio c 5+5

Paul DeBryone

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
'There was a problem with syncing notifications with your watch."
NOTIFICATION STOPPED SYNCING

I tried to use the Moto360 fix and followed the protocol set out by Johnny Martinez. After factory resetting the watch I downloaded the old version of Wear (Version 1.1.1.1867902). The Wear app shows connecting to the Zenwatch and then just stalls. The watch stalled at the type in code screen.

Nothing I did could get the Wear app to recognize the Zenwatch. I then shut the watch down and updated the Wear app to the latest version. Then I turned the watch back on and the Wear app refused to see the Zenwatch. I went into the Settings on the phone and directly paired the watch and the phone. Then I went back to the wear app and stopped it and started it. The Wear app refused to see the Zenwatch or sync with it.

I then did another factory reset on the watch and cleared the BT pairing in the settings.

I then let Wear handle the pairing of the Zenwatch which it did, but it still left up the blue window telling me 'There was a problem syncing notifications to your Zenwatch.
Then a box in the bottom half said NOTIFICATIONS STOPPED SYNCING. At the time the watch indicated it was updating and then syncing. Wear now shows that it is connected but the blue error screen persists. It would appear that all of the apps work. For example the remote camera app works fine. I can transfer faces into the watch and Google Keep works fine. But no notifications are getting through to the watch.

Odd Things: When I select Scan For Nearby BT Devices on the watch the it can't seem to find a single device. Which is odd considering that there are three phones, a tablet and a Samsung smart TV in the room all operating as BT senders never mind the BT camera release or the MS Wedge BT keyboard. Like I said, odd.

In the phone BT settings I can see the Asus Zenwatch2 5155 as a legit BT entry.

I shut down Wear and then launched it again. The Sync issue seemed to go away. I then downloaded Asus File Manage from the Play Store and then switched back to Wear and the Cannot Sync blue banner was back.

I repeated the process of clearing Wear from memory and then re-launched it. The sync issue banner was not there. I launched the Asus Watch Manager and about 10 seconds later the notifiction sync banner popped up.

As a test, I tried out the Watch notification tester in the debug tools and the notifications to the watch worked fine. Which leads me to the conclusion that the problem does not reside in communication between the watch and the phone but rather a bug in the Android Wear app. I have to admit that I have only a month of Android experience so I am a total noob. I can't believe this problem is widespread or no products would actually be sold.

The Zenwatch 2 is a 1.63" model MEC23U with Android 6.1 already installed.

The phone is a 1 month old Huawei GX8 with Android 5.1. 2GB working memory, 16GB storage (48% available) and a Snapdragon 616 processor.

Any help anybody could give me would be extremely welcome.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
'There was a problem with syncing notifications with your watch."
NOTIFICATION STOPPED SYNCING

I tried to use the Moto360 fix and followed the protocol set out by Johnny Martinez. After factory resetting the watch I downloaded the old version of Wear (Version 1.1.1.1867902). The Wear app shows connecting to the Zenwatch and then just stalls. The watch stalled at the type in code screen.

Nothing I did could get the Wear app to recognize the Zenwatch. I then shut the watch down and updated the Wear app to the latest version. Then I turned the watch back on and the Wear app refused to see the Zenwatch. I went into the Settings on the phone and directly paired the watch and the phone. Then I went back to the wear app and stopped it and started it. The Wear app refused to see the Zenwatch or sync with it.

I then did another factory reset on the watch and cleared the BT pairing in the settings.

I then let Wear handle the pairing of the Zenwatch which it did, but it still left up the blue window telling me 'There was a problem syncing notifications to your Zenwatch.
Then a box in the bottom half said NOTIFICATIONS STOPPED SYNCING. At the time the watch indicated it was updating and then syncing. Wear now shows that it is connected but the blue error screen persists. It would appear that all of the apps work. For example the remote camera app works fine. I can transfer faces into the watch and Google Keep works fine. But no notifications are getting through to the watch.

Odd Things: When I select Scan For Nearby BT Devices on the watch the it can't seem to find a single device. Which is odd considering that there are three phones, a tablet and a Samsung smart TV in the room all operating as BT senders never mind the BT camera release or the MS Wedge BT keyboard. Like I said, odd.

In the phone BT settings I can see the Asus Zenwatch2 5155 as a legit BT entry.

I shut down Wear and then launched it again. The Sync issue seemed to go away. I then downloaded Asus File Manage from the Play Store and then switched back to Wear and the Cannot Sync blue banner was back.

I repeated the process of clearing Wear from memory and then re-launched it. The sync issue banner was not there. I launched the Asus Watch Manager and about 10 seconds later the notifiction sync banner popped up.

As a test, I tried out the Watch notification tester in the debug tools and the notifications to the watch worked fine. Which leads me to the conclusion that the problem does not reside in communication between the watch and the phone but rather a bug in the Android Wear app. I have to admit that I have only a month of Android experience so I am a total noob. I can't believe this problem is widespread or no products would actually be sold.

The Zenwatch 2 is a 1.63" model MEC23U with Android 6.1 already installed.

The phone is a 1 month old Huawei GX8 with Android 5.1. 2GB working memory, 16GB storage (48% available) and a Snapdragon 616 processor.

Any help anybody could give me would be extremely welcome.
Welcome Paul... this seems to be an interesting one that (I'm guessing) is going to take some tinkering to figure out.

If it was me, I would try the ZenWatch on another phone... a friends or siblings phone will work if this is your only phone. Unfortunately, that means your going to have to reset the watch yet again to try and get it to pair to the new phone. However, if the same issues occur on the second phone... the watch itself may be the issue and I'd contact Asus support. If the watch works fine on the second phone, then there is most likely some issue between the ZenWatch and your Huawei phone. At least this will give you some information to move forward with.

Also, as far as the Bluetooth settings are concerned on the ZenWatch itself... this feature is really only meant to connect the ZenWatch to a Bluetooth headset. The ZenWatch becomes the "host device" (which would be the "sender" as you call it) and sends music to the connected Bluetooth headset that can be stored on the ZenWatch itself. For more information about that, check this link out HERE.