Why do I have a new screen when charging?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
new screen when charging?

so I've recently gotten a new screen when charging my watch - bright green concentric circles with a small digital time display in the center and the battery percentage indicator (the circles pulse at the watch charges). Trying to figure out where this is coming from (Asus, other app, etc.). I don't have any charging watch faces installed and have been using the asus faces when it happens. Seems to have started after a recent upgrade a few weeks ago.

Anyone else have this or know where it's coming from or whether it can be configured?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: new screen when charging?

I saw that too. It's an ASUS thing--most likely part of a recent update to the Zenwatch Manager. I have not seen any way to configure it.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I saw that too. It's an ASUS thing--most likely part of a recent update to the Zenwatch Manager. I have not seen any way to configure it.
As mentioned above, it came in with the recent ZenWatch manager update. It is, indeed from Asus... Some other smartwatches have a charge screen, so I'm guessing Asus wanted to join the party :) .

5288d869fc6d72808b4e0c071538e0a2.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ooh, that's a nice band! I've been trying to find a decent metal band for my Zenwatch.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Yea. It stays on mine after the charging is ended for quite a while though. Don't like that part.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Ooh, that's a nice band! I've been trying to find a decent metal band for my Zenwatch.
Ebay is my go-to spot for watch bands as they are usually quite cheap and decent looking (however, the ones from Chinese sellers can take quite a long time to ship). Amazon is a good second choice if your not so patient on the shipping time :) .

I tried matching up the copper / rose gold color on the watch with copper / rose gold watch bands and horribly failed :( . So, just went with polished stainless steel instead. That band is currently my favorite as it has a dual butterfly clasp, which I personally like the best. Tried a couple others here tho:

d2af04e902520f3abc06a5010fc6c2ef.jpg

9c561aeb4a218e18ec3803ff3913f45f.jpg

Yea. It stays on mine after the charging is ended for quite a while though. Don't like that part.

Just swipe it away to the right--that works for me.
Mine too... I just swipe it away like Diddy mentions above.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Thanks...Yes,asus. I like it..will be good if it can be configured later. Asus has been making good updates to zenwatch manager. (And great watchface updates)

Posted via the Android Central App