Android Wear Battery Stats

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I never looked at them when they were available--I'd just look at the battery readout on the watch. But I can see how it might be helpful in case there's unusual drain. I haven't seen any mention as to why they took that away.

humulos

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I would use it to determine what I could expect to get with my watch that day. Ambient mode eats a lot of battery, and I needed to know about when I could expect to die while using it, so I could see if I needed to switch it off.

Not happy that it's not there anymore... seems senseless to just remove it suddenly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kind of battery drain do you see with Ambient Mode? Mine seems to have crazy good battery life--usually no worse than 50% by the end of the day, sometimes even in the 60s, even with Ambient Mode/Screen Always On. I mostly use WatchMaster for watchfaces, which seems to manage battery extremely well.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It will be back.. Check the aw help Forum.. Seems or is being revised.
All I can say is that my watch battery life has improved dramatically since it got pulled

Posted via the Android Central App

Willber G

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all, I used to check it regularly and am glad to hear it is coming back. I haven't noticed any battery improvement without it.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure anymore that it is coming back.. Have seen conflicting reports....

But there since it went away (and I upgraded my phone) my battery life has been insanely good

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC