Shield giving away lock pattern. Common/fixable ??

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Blowing one's warm breath on it, or looking at it at a certain angle, my new Otterbox defender reveals the phone's unlock pattern, and does so very clearly.

The previous case I had on it had a horrible static screen shield with it. The thing could just simply not go on without air bubbles which ruined the visual performance of the screen, however, that one never showed the tell-tale finger streaks... I'm a bit of hand-washing maniac, and never laid dirty hands on the thing...:confused:

Is this common ? Would using Windex on my screen shield solve my problem ? It feels "silicony", rather than greasy, so I'm wondering: Is Windex even safe on this thing ?

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I usually keep a cleaning cloth in my otterbox, just give it a little breath and wipe it off. Never use chemicals on your phone, especially windex. Acetone could seriously screw things up. If it's bad, dampen the cleaning cloth.

And it you're really worried about people knowing your pattern, use a different lock method, maybe a code or password. Or better yet, the fingerprint sensor.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Simple solution. Make your unlock pattern cross over itself. Note that once you activate a dot, it cannot be used in the pattern again. Simply create a pattern that causes you to travel back over a previously activated dot. Then your actual trail crosses over itself and does not give away the pattern.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad