Another mount Thread, for otterbox people

biggy238

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been eyeballing my Garmin Nuvi 205 mount all week scheming on whether it would allow my Otter Box Defender to mount in the tabs the Nuvi uses. I went out this morning to check it out and it looks like with a little file work to the plastic nubs that engage the case of the object in use, the garmin mount head will work on the Defender case. I scooped up a mount-head on amazon for $0.03 and a ton of shipping for something that weighs 3 ounces, and should know some time this week. I have a USB cigarette adapter from harbor freight and an extra micro cable so I should be set.

I'm guessing this isn't ordinarily a problem but I refuse to take my Atrix out of the case to use it on the road. I just thought it would be helpful if anyone else needed an alternative solution. I've been checking out the threads with the four armed clamp mounts. I prefer something that looks like it was make to work from OE.

biggy238

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would give an update. The much mount clips will hold the phone and case in place but the pressure needed for screen activation requires enough force applied off axis that it can or will dislodge the phone. I hung my otter box belt clip on a vehicle at work and ripped the clip off. I used some epoxy and mated the belt clip to the garmin mount. Stable enough to type on now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk