ETA for root now?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
This is the post ppl are pointing to to root Atrix's that have been updated ota. I haven't done it myself.

ygthb

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I did it myself, it works and root is imperitive. I found out what my atrix runs like without sd booster(in the app store) and it is not pretty

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I did it myself, it works and root is imperitive. I found out what my atrix runs like without sd booster(in the app store) and it is not pretty

I heard that SD Booster could cause and SD card to wear out quicker.... How long have you been using it?

ygthb

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I started using it shortly after I got my atrix 3 months ago, so not a real long time. as I understand it you can make the change by hand, but have toi do it every time you boot. it sets the sd cache at a number you decide (i use 2048) and resets it there on each boot.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I did the OTA upgrade to GB then followed the procedure in the referenced post. The only thing I saw was an error after the first step but in other posts I've read the error is normal.

Kage_

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I want to know how long until we get a 1 click root for it. My understanding is gingerbreak does not work at all on android 2.3.4 so at some point something like it will come out.

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
When I tried to unlock fastboot according to the instructions I got the following message. Ideas?

atrix on 2.3.4

I skipped to 13 like the instructions said.

Last edited:

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
When I tried to unlock fastboot according to the instructions I got the following message. Ideas?

atrix on 2.3.4

I skipped to 13 like the instructions said.
My fear of rooting gingerbread on the atrix right now is it looks like you have to unlock the boot loader and flash a different rom. My worry is when they do the next update it bricking the phone or I would have to go threw some massive hopes to update my phone. I want something like gingerbreak to come out for android 2.3.4

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
My fear of rooting gingerbread on the atrix right now is it looks like you have to unlock the boot loader and flash a different rom. My worry is when they do the next update it bricking the phone or I would have to go threw some massive hopes to update my phone. I want something like gingerbreak to come out for android 2.3.4

You don't have to unlock your bootloader to obtain root, follow the instructions in post 2 in the referenced thread and you'll have root w/o unlocking your BL.

It only take a few mins and doesn't affect your phone nor does it void your warranty. If you need to send it into ATT you can restore your phone back to factory defaults and you'll be back to factory defaults.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to unlock your bootloader to obtain root, follow the instructions in post 2 in the referenced thread and you'll have root w/o unlocking your BL.

It only take a few mins and doesn't affect your phone nor does it void your warranty. If you need to send it into ATT you can restore your phone back to factory defaults and you'll be back to factory defaults.

cool I did it as in the thread. It took me a few tries to get everything type in write. Hell I went with copy paste and on I think the 3rd try with the copy paste it worked great

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I want to know how long until we get a 1 click root for it. My understanding is gingerbreak does not work at all on android 2.3.4 so at some point something like it will come out.

If you're reluctant to use the "Pudding" solution found here - [PUDDING] International House of Pudding! (Unlock/root thread) Updated July 23 2011 - xda-developers - then you may have a long wait. The most recent OTA update removed the weakness that Gingerbreak exploited to gain root. Following the instructions on that XDA Forum thread will lead you to both a rooted phone as well as an unlocked bootloader.

-Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers