How do I know my phone is rooted?

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Im on 2.3.4 and used the command prompt way to root, how do I know the phone has been rooted?
I have SU, but shootme dosent work says I dont have root.

dictoresno

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
theres a root checker app in the market thats free. download it and run it, it will tell you. also, if you are rooted, you will have a "superuser" app/icon in your app list.

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm rooted now.
How do I get the webtop hack?

root checker says that I'm rooted with SU access, but that screen grabber says I dont even though I gave it SU access.
Maybe its just the App or is my phone still not rooted?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
theres a root checker app in the market thats free. download it and run it, it will tell you. also, if you are rooted, you will have a "superuser" app/icon in your app list.

Any rooted application from the Market such as Terminal Emulator, Titanium Backup, Wireless Tethering, etc. will prompt you for accepting root access to continue when starting the application for the first time. Once you accept this and it allows you to continue onward then you have root/Superuser access (it will prompt you if obtaining root access was denied).

You can't always rely on the Superuser application in your app list. There has been incidences where users have had the application but true root access was not obtained (something failed in the rooting process). So this isn't always a guarantee that you have root because you see the application.

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Any rooted application from the Market such as Terminal Emulator, Titanium Backup, Wireless Tethering, etc. will prompt you for accepting root access to continue when starting the application for the first time. Once you accept this and it allows you to continue onward then you have root/Superuser access (it will prompt you if obtaining root access was denied).

You can't always rely on the Superuser application in your app list. There has been incidences where users have had the application but true root access was not obtained (something failed in the rooting process). So this isn't always a guarantee that you have root because you see the application.

I'm rooted now. I did the Terminal Access trick, had the $ typed su # came up.
I assume that's root. Also Titanium Backup free works just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance