Returning your Motorola Atrix completey back to Stock.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Motorola has issued a way to return your Atrix back to the stock firmware. So if your hassling around and doing a little trickery (might I add), you can be safe to know there is an official way of returning your beloved Atrix back to the OEM Factory Software. Whats good about this is you dont have to worry about attempting to flash the sbf file. Moto has provided this for you. Head on over to Motorolas Forums and follow the link that they have to offer.

Motorola Support Forums: Get your AT&T phone on official Motorola software

Big Thanks to Jonathan for the tip! :D

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Droid X owner, so this wouldn't work for me, but I see this as a real positive for Motorola, having them offer assistance, rather than punishment to their customers, who may have experimented with their phones, and want to return to a stock install. It certainly should enhance customer satisfaction.

It would be great to see them expand it to all current smartphones.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Its a good posibility they might. I guess the Atrix is setting the mark and hopefully they can make this happen with all of there motorola devices. Its good to know there doing something though.

rpk925

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
will this work for Att 1.5.7

hello iam on motorola att 1.5.7 updated from 1.2.6 will this work for me? because i have not been able to flash SBF, also will it bring me back to 1.2.6?

Last edited:

ibod

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
it says 4.1.51 or 4.1.52 so 4.1.57 is not supported.

that's not to say it won't work. I don't plan on being the guinea pig though

thebeardedchild

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
What the heck? Why wouldn't it work for the 4.1.57 update? Wouldn't it make sense to support the most recent update, especially considering it came out a while back?

songokussm

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
does not work. i flashed gingerblur, and am trying to return to stock. downloaded the program here and it just sits at "Motorola software update is reading configuration data from your Motorola device, please wait."

I left it for an entire day.

usb debugging is off.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
call me stupid but I went to motorola support and downloaded the updater but there is no way to go back to 4.1.57. if i want to go back to 4.1.57 do I have to manually DL sbf and flash it with RSD lite just like i did 1.83? because motorola Software Update doesn't give my any options it just says "There is no software update currently available for your mobile device."
Thanks!

Edit:
oh i think i know what to do.. i have to flash to 1.5.2 and then update to 57 will that work anybody?
thanks!

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You can flash back to .57 and update from there.

Oh thats great is the .57 available on xd forums as well? I was looking for it today but couldnt find it.
Edit:
Well i found .57 finally not on xda though.. I think i"ll reflash my phone with this version cuz the problem is that phone gets really hot at the bottom within two minutes of use... it definetely was not like this before...

Last edited:

stanlb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble with gingerbread with battery issues. Will this allow me to flash back to the first software? Also will this remove the superuser program also?

ISS2

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently rooted on 1.83 and I have no wifi @ home. Can I just go through with the process or do I have to unroot, then upgrade?

Sven180

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have a stock froyo odin file for the atrix? I keep trying to update to gingerbread but once the update tries to install, I get stuck in what looks like recovery with goapk.com as the background

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey