Sorry I am a noob at android and i am trying to decide between which at&t phone i should choose. So does this locked bootloader thing set me back from customization for android phones?

Any other suggestions for at&t android phones i'm due for an upgrade june 2nd.
    05-21-2011 06:50 PM
    Sorry I am a noob at android and i am trying to decide between which at&t phone i should choose. So does this locked bootloader thing set me back from customization for android phones?

Any other suggestions for at&t android phones i'm due for an upgrade june 2nd.
    What do you want to do?

Locked bootloader means no 3rd party roms, such as Cyanogen.

You still can root and apply themes or other customizations.

I think (hope) eventually a way will be discovered to get past the bootloader. I'm dying to get CM7 on this puppy.
    05-22-2011 09:23 PM
    Patience. Kholk has almost got a work-around for this bootloader.Pretty soon we will have CM and CWM
    05-23-2011 03:07 PM
    yeah i think i'll take my chances with this phone. chances are that this phone is going to have mods to integrate with the dual core processor right? Plus it is the only dual core phone on at&t as of right now. also i've been lurking around the xda forums i'm hearing good things .
    05-23-2011 04:33 PM
    gingerbread will have dual-core support.

welcome to the club... =)
    05-23-2011 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD