Atrix on 4.1.83 update, shows root apps but says NOT rooted??

hozay09

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok let me first apologize if this has been asked before but I am having trouble locating information in regards to my situation. I originally rooted my Atrix on the original version and since upgraded both times to .57 and .83 succesfully. The phone still shows I have superuser and other rooted apps but now will not allow me to sideload apps from Amazon and titanium back up states I am NOT rooted.

I've checked numerous forums and I couldn't find anything that shows people in my predicament. Is there anything I can do to have my phone show that it is in fact rooted or is there anything else I can do to allow the sideload or for that matter go completely back to stock if necessary? I come from jailbreaking iphones and a rookie with Android.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: oldlights

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
run gingerbreak on it then gladEnanbled and that will solve your problem.

I have attached the gingerbreak apk and then a zip folder that has gladEnabled and the Gingerbreak.exe. The Gingerbreak.EXE just installs the gingerbreak apk on your phone if you do not want to use the SWM.

Put the folder GladEnabled in your C director and run the GladEnable.bat file. Grant it super user priv when ask and you will be good to go.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• GingerBreak-v1.20.apk
    295.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
See second post. You lose root when you updated. Easy fix, when you run gingerbreak remember to backup internal storage, it will wipe it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hozay09

hozay09

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the info.. is there a "how to" to do this process 'Put the folder GladEnabled in your C director and run the GladEnable.bat file. Grant it super user priv when ask and you will be good to go.
'??

Thanks again

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the info.. is there a "how to" to do this process 'Put the folder GladEnabled in your C director and run the GladEnable.bat file. Grant it super user priv when ask and you will be good to go.
'??

Thanks again

1. Extract the contents of the downloaded file to C:\GladEnable. This location is important, as the script will not run from anywhere else.
2. Enable USB debugging on your phone from Settings > Applications > Development.
3. Connect your phone to the computer and when prompted, set USB connection to ?None?.
4. From the files extracted in Step 1, run GladEnable.bat. (On Windows Vista/7, right-click the file and run as administrator).
5. Follow the on-screen instructions, tapping ?Allow? on your phone with each step.
6. Allow the superuser request that you get on your phone, and you?ll be all done.

Google Movies for Android Blocked on Rooted Devices | MobileLeak.Net

Reactions: Jonneh and hozay09

hozay09

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Windows Vista so do I open RUN and type in that C:\GladEnable? I'm sorry, I'm so new at this. Perhaps I should be searching YouTube lol

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
thanks!!

1. Extract the contents of the downloaded file to C:\GladEnable. This location is important, as the script will not run from anywhere else.
2. Enable USB debugging on your phone from Settings > Applications > Development.
3. Connect your phone to the computer and when prompted, set USB connection to ?None?.
4. From the files extracted in Step 1, run GladEnable.bat. (On Windows Vista/7, right-click the file and run as administrator).
5. Follow the on-screen instructions, tapping ?Allow? on your phone with each step.
6. Allow the superuser request that you get on your phone, and you?ll be all done.

thanks alot had root for a while now but hadn't enabled sideloading now I am apreciate this post

dlitvak13

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Thank you! Made the dumb mistake of updating and lost root!

griptape

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Atrix before the 4.1.83 update with no problem, and then (for a variety of reasons) wanted to update and re-install the ginger blur rom. It would have taken me a very long time to do without this post. Thanks so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835