Ok, so a little background...

I have a Motorola Atrix 4g (Live in the US). It is on AT&T.

I have a Verizon Wireless 4G Sim Card (I want to use this instead, as I don't pay for this one).

What I've done so far:

Unlocked the phone with a 3rd party code (it said successful)
    Rooted Atrix 4G
    Installed an unknown sources fix (to add the ability to install unknown sources)
    Installed GingerBlur Rom

Basically what is happening is this:

I put the AT&T Sim in and everything works fine.
    I put the Verizon Sim in and I get no signal for 3g/4g/edge/whatever or phone.

I'm assuming I have to change the APN (but I have no idea how to do this, what screen it's on, etc...)
    I'm assuming the reason I can't get connected is I can't access a temp network to do a *228 and activate the verizon service on the phone.

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank yoU!
    06-11-2011 05:47 PM
    You can't use a ATT Atrix on the Verizon network. The two companies use completely different tech for cell service and there is no way to make a phones compatible for each network.
    casca_the_immortal likes this.
    06-11-2011 10:13 PM
    Well that blows I was under the impression that the new Verizon Wireless 4G SIMS were GSM? Also the Atrix is supposed to be quad band, doesn't that mean it does it all?

Well that does shine some light on it for sure, I was getting two companies when I did a search for networks (Tmobile and AT&T).

Thank you very much for the response
    06-12-2011 11:32 AM
    I dont own an Atrix but asked about the unlock code and apparently if you call AT&T they will give it to you. They have the instructions on there computer screen even on how to do it.

The iphone and i tihink the blackberry they wont give you the unlock code it seems. Funny though in europe they do for the iphone.
    06-13-2011 06:50 PM
    I dont own an Atrix but asked about the unlock code and apparently if you call AT&T they will give it to you. They have the instructions on there computer screen even on how to do it.

The iphone and i tihink the blackberry they wont give you the unlock code it seems. Funny though in europe they do for the iphone.
    Normally they will only give the unlock code once the phone is out of contract though.
    06-13-2011 07:03 PM
    The verizon 4g LTE network uses 700mhz and even with a quad band radio that isnt one of the radios in the Atrix. Unlocking the device will only allow you to use Tmobile on 2g as well.
    06-24-2011 03:43 PM
    Yup, even if it's GSM (I'm not sure if that's true or not), you need a radio that can talk to the towers... ATT's HSPA+ isn't the same frequency as Verizon's LTE. The Atrix' radios only talk to towers with ATT's radio frequencies (for instance T-Mobile shares some voice frequencies, which is why unlocked T-mobile and ATT phones can cross networks, in which-case, yes, you need to edit your APN settings, which you can accomplish with a simple google search). ATT's LTE network is scheduled to fire-up with the Ice-cream Sandwich launch (near the end of the year), but again, I don't know if they'll share the same radio spectrum or not...
    06-25-2011 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD