Instructions for Bootloader Unlock, CWM, and ROMs

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
**Edit- scroll to the bottom for latest info**

OK, just passing along what I have found, all credit to the individual developers. The following links have step by step instructions to unlock your bootloader, install CWM Recovery, and then flash HTKW 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Also steps for root and some nice add-ons. Enjoy, venture at your own risk, I am up and running with no issues.

Unlocked Bootloader
How To: Unlock the Atrix 4G Bootloader - BriefMobile

CWM
[Unlocked Only][Release]CWM Recovery Mod for Atrix 4G 2011-06-25 updated again! - xda-developers

HTKW 2.3.4
[GUIDE]Flash Android 2.3.4 with Windows x64/x86 - xda-developers

There is a CWM flashable zip file of HTKW 2.3.4 floating around, don't waste your time. There are lots of bugs in it, and the above steps are easy and bug free.

Flashable Zip to attain root via CWM
[ROOT]The FLASHABLE zip file for ROOTing Atrix 2.3.4 HKTW - xda-developers

Nice round up of fixes/customizations for HTKW 2.3.4 via CWM
Update's for HKTW 2.3.4 - Roll-up of Fixes and Mods (Navalynt's Mod) - xda-developers

*******Newest ROM*******
AT&T version of 2.3.4: [ROM] AT&T 4.5.91 ★ Gingerbread 2.3.4
[ROM] AT&T 4.5.91 ★ Gingerbread 2.3.4 ★ Beta #4 - xda-developers

Multiple ROMs in developer thread now.

ROM Manager just announced support for the Atrix!! You can flash official clockwork recovery now, they are still working out some kinks like full wipe, etc.

Enjoy!

AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G
Unlocked HKTW 2.3.4
running Navalynt's Mod

Last edited:

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Instructions for Bootloader Unlock, CWM, and HKTW 2.3.4

Whats the point of unlocking, theres no custom **** out yet.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Whats the point of unlocking, theres no custom **** out yet.

Pretty sure first post has a custom recovery so you can do true nandroid backups without being tethered to a AC charger, a Gingerbread 2.3.4 ROM, oh and some other theme mods to do to the ROM.

Sounds like it had a nice amount of **** in the 48ish hours since being unlocked.

sent from my unlocked MB860 via Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Bump for newest ROM, still need to unlock and install CWM.

Thanks to the individual devs for moving this phone along.

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

The only thing thats holding me back from unlocking is the question, is it permanent
Can I lock the bootloader with a flash?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
At this time I believe it is permanent. I am not sure if in the future it will be lockable again.

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

if I drop the phone in water, or the screen cracks I wont be able to get another one?

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

OkI dont understand the Actual install of gingerbread.
How do I do it?

Times like these iPhones are superior, atleast there isnt all that command prompt BS

Last edited:

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

if I drop the phone in water, or the screen cracks I wont be able to get another one?

OK, I by no means am guaranteeing anything....but if you cracked or dropped it in water it wouldnt boot/work properly so they would not be able to see the unlocked screen during the boot up process so you would be fine. In that scenario you would be paying your deductible though. The downside would be if you bricked your phone(no physical damage) you would not normally have a deductible, but they could get you saying you voided your warranty by unlocking. i have not had that problem before, they normally dont care, but others have had issues.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

OkI dont understand the Actual install of gingerbread.
How do I do it?

Times like these iPhones are superior, atleast there isnt all that command prompt BS

Step by detailed step instructions are linked to in OP.........this is not sarcasm, but if they dont make sense to you, dont do it, wait for official gingerbread which should be any day now.

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I unlocked it and installed the CWM but when I went to the gingerbread it kept saying it wasnt verified or something.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I unlocked it and installed the CWM but when I went to the gingerbread it kept saying it wasnt verified or something.

Did you do full wipe before flashing? When you reboot does it say unlocked in top left corner? Could be lots of things, hard to say without knowing exact error with some more details.

bracemg

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I received the OTA gingerbread update and I would like to unlock my bootloader. I started with #13 (like it says to do), extracted the fastboot package (made sure USB debugging was on), restarted the phone, received the "Starting Fastboot protocol support" message, and type "fastboot oem unlock" on the command prompt. At this point, nothing happens, but the command prompt says "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
MB

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I received the OTA gingerbread update and I would like to unlock my bootloader. I started with #13 (like it says to do), extracted the fastboot package (made sure USB debugging was on), restarted the phone, received the "Starting Fastboot protocol support" message, and type "fastboot oem unlock" on the command prompt. At this point, nothing happens, but the command prompt says "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
MB

New method to unlock bootloader for those that did OTA....it is in the post below this one, can't copy link bc I am on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power