Hey!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

I own a YouTube channel where I cover games, and this past year I've been doing mobile games on my Android. Things have been going well before a few months ago.

Simply put, I use HDMI output to record from my phone since it's the best choice quality wise. It works great and I have very few issues. When Plants vs. Zombies: Heroes soft launched, I was happily recording the game with no issues through my HDMI chord set up. Since it wasn't available in my country, I of course had to download the APK directly. About a month after the game had been launched and recording 20+ videos on the game without issues, it came to my surprise that suddenly I'm having problems.

Now, if I'm playing a game that was directly downloaded through APK I will have an unbearable clicking sound happening whenever the HDMI chord is plugged in. Choppy audio and slight distortion that makes it very grueling to listen to. If I unplug the HDMI chord, the audio goes back to normal.

Like I said, this is happening to any game I record that was downloaded through APK and not the Google Play Store. If it was from the Google Play Store, it records and performs just fine when HDMI is plugged in. So I'm not sure what caused this sudden change.

I've tried changing numerous settings both in the Audio and HDMI department of my phone, have tried multiple HDMI chords, and even a different capture card. No luck. I tried installing APKs from a variety of different websites, still the same issues no matter what game or site. I'm pretty baffled at this point, seeing how just a few months ago there were no issues whatsoever. The only thing I can imagine that has changed is software updates for my phone. Could it really be that an Android OS update messed with everything?

Any and all help would be super appreciated. Thank you!
    07-17-2016 06:44 PM
    Hi, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that we're going to be able to help with this because we don't promote discussion of ways to circumvent normal controls of games, such as paid activities, country availability, etc. If it is working it might be worth simply using games that you are able to legally obtain through the Google Play Store. If the games aren't available for download, the another option could be to email the developer to ask them to release in more locations.
    dpham00 and ghass8505 like this.
    07-17-2016 07:05 PM