I have a vertical air vent and a iottie phone charger/holder. Is there any way to stop the vent from moving sis to side? I want the vent to stay stationary.
    03-23-2020 07:41 AM
    I moved this from the Android Auto forum to the Automotive Lounge, since your question isn't about the actual Android Auto app/interface.

Edit by @belodion: I moved it from AAQ to Android Auto, so the error was mine, in case there is any doubt.
    03-23-2020 09:34 AM
    I would imagine that depends on the design of the vent in the vehicle as much as it depends on the car mount. Personally - I wouldn't trust a vent mount for holding much more than a flip phone, I prefer the much more secure windshield mount. My iOttie OneTouch 4 mount has been holding fast to the windshield through all kinds of weather for 2 years now. Last time I tried removing it I practically needed a putty knife to peel the suction cup from the glass, so forget about it falling off randomly.

If you insist on using that mount, maybe some closed-cell foam stuffed between the louvers might keep them spaced and positioned appropriately?
    VidJunky likes this.
    03-23-2020 09:45 AM
    I would imagine that depends on the design of the vent in the vehicle as much as it depends on the car mount. Personally - I wouldn't trust a vent mount for holding much more than a flip phone, I prefer the much more secure windshield mount. My iOttie OneTouch 4 mount has been holding fast to the windshield through all kinds of weather for 2 years now. Last time I tried removing it I practically needed a putty knife to peel the suction cup from the glass, so forget about it falling off randomly.

If you insist on using that mount, maybe some closed-cell foam stuffed between the louvers might keep them spaced and positioned appropriately?
    Agreed.

Recently I was in a thread where the OP was talking about similar things. Here is a link to that discussion, with photos in the comments... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6741856
    03-25-2020 10:40 PM