Japanese vs. American?

American or Japanese?

• Total voters

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont see much threads on this section & why not post one? :cool: Ive debated with people over this alot & ive always preferred japanese autos, be it old or new. Except newer cars are looking like theyre space ships ready to make their way to space. So what do you guys prefer jap or american?

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Have never owned an American car and have had 2 Japanese cars, so I suppose I should vote Japanese. However, most of our cars have come from yet another country. So I abstain from voting lol.
:)

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
JDM all the way!

I love the looks on the muscle guys faces when my honda walks them from light to light :D

cb7 FTW!

Unless you have a sh!t ton of money in your Honda, or are racing old broken down garbage, I doubt you're walking away from much at a light.

I love old and new American muscle, but I love Japanese too. I have a 240sx and a Frontier ad my daily driver. I also have a 68 Mustang with a 5.0 and 5 speed. They all have their purposes. I laugh my @$$ off and every guy that revs that crap out of his civic thinking its fast. Pull up next to a new Mustang GT and see what happens to you, lol. There are some nice Japanese sports cars too, but the typical civic etc you see everywhere isn't it.

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
JDM all the way!

I love the looks on the muscle guys faces when my honda walks them from light to light :D

cb7 FTW!

I would love to meet you at a light in my 03 cobra. It's not your basic intake, exhaust, pullied terminator. I got something for ya. ;)
6cdbb473-68c5-5b2d.jpg

Looks innocent enough right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ArmorD

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Japanese cars! Honestly, I've always hated American cars. Very hungry and impractical.
Japanese cars in the other hand are cheap(generally speaking), don't need a lot of gas, and they're reliable(For instance Honda is listed as the most reliable car maker in the world. Honda Accord is number one car model in the reliability list. Google it, don't remember the link)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Always bought Japanese cars. I love European cars but the reliability and maintenance will break you. Let's be honest American cars were not even acceptable until around 2010. They had Tupperware interiors before then. Some of them still do.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
American. Japanese cars and trucks are made for the tiny men who need little interiors. American vehicles are made for full size men who need room to move around.

I guarantee my 59 Chevy Truck would smoke the majority of pathetic rice burner Honda's on the road.
View attachment 31173

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I will never be caught driving a rice cooker. It's anti American. Simple as that. Pieces of crap they are! I love my Chevy and Ford. You know why Japan has the economy they have today? Bc after the war we felt bad about wiping their economic centers off the map and pumped billions into that island... And so... We have prolific Asian car companies today...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I will never be caught driving a rice cooker. It's anti American. Simple as that. Pieces of crap they are! I love my Chevy and Ford. You know why Japan has the economy they have today? Bc after the war we felt bad about wiping their economic centers off the map and pumped billions into that island... And so... We have prolific Asian car companies today...

Here is some words of wisdom for the uneducated. " I love my Chevy and Ford" . Let me enlighten you about free trade. GM, which makes your so called Chevys, sold more cars in China than it did in the US for the past 2 years. Now lets just say that the Chinese, which are Asian by the way, had your train of thought towards the US as you have towards them and decided to by only Asian cars. Do you think the GM, which makes Chevys by the way, would have been able to make its way out of its bailout? GM probably would hve gone bankrupt if it weren't for the Asians. Think before you speak.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Free Trade?! No such thing. And two, do you have any sort of valid statistics that support your claim? No? Then you haven't a true or valid statement. So quiet yourself if you can't prove what you say is a fact. And sure, in a purely capitalist society, gm should have failed, thus another company would have filled that gap. OR would have opened up a new advanced industry in which I would predict (notice how I chose my words before I spit them on my screen) china would be buying into.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Free Trade?! No such thing. And two, do you have any sort of valid statistics that support your claim? No? Then you haven't a true or valid statement. So quiet yourself if you can't prove what you say is a fact. And sure, in a purely capitalist society, gm should have failed, thus another company would have filled that gap. OR would have opened up a new advanced industry in which I would predict (notice how I chose my words before I spit them on my screen) china would be buying into.

General Motors Sells Record 2.5M Vehicles in China - ABC News

Do you need any more facts?

Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

Yep, Chevy and Ford, "American" cars built in Canada and Mexico. First, lets be real, they're publicly traded companies, and therefore global, not American. Second, many European and Asian cars are more American manufactured and assembled. The last list I looked at had 7 or 8 of the top ten most American manufactured and assembled cars coming out of German and Japanese companies. Who do you think is reopening the closed American plants and employing Americans? I'd rather buy from one of those companies and support American workers than an "American" corporation. My Nissan Frontier was built in Tennessee and is somewhere between 70% and 80% manufactured here(don't recall the exact number) Get a clue, "American" car companies business practices are anti American. And they're from from pieces of crap, they're generally accepted to be more reliable than "American" cars, and are.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34