Are cars all pretty much the same ?

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Are French and Italian cars really that bad ?

Are Japanese cars really that good ?

I've heard so many times...again and again that French and Italian cars dont last (expected to reach no more than
200 000 km and you throw them away/sell them-assuming you never have an accident) and that Japanese cars last forever (at least 600 000 km before any major issues arise-assuming you never have an accident)

Is any of this true ?

rav813

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Not anymore. There is so much technology and design sharing now that quality standards have improved drastically between manufacturers

Posted via Android Central App

Raelx

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah like many things this is a lot less true than it used to be. Look at Ford. They used to make some very middling stuff an these days make some of the best around. I think the Japanese were the first to really figure it out (Toyota Production System) but now that everyone has embraced that the quality is up across the board.

fwitten

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have very bad experience with Japan and Italian cars, i will try my best to avoid them in future. Not sure about French car as it was rare in my country

VoidCluster

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
No,things have changed,most car are the same now,depends on your luck.You can get a Dacia/Renault and may last for a long time and you can get a Mercedes S and the next day to have gearbox problems.