Will the Axon 7 have Sprint compatibility?

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It has the ability to work on Sprint (and Verizon) network but first Sprint needs to flip a switch on their end to make this happen. No word yet if/when this will be done.

Posted via the Android Central App

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
In theory, if a compatible sim is already active on the account, a simple sim swap "should" work. Do it all the time. But we'll see.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In theory, if a compatible sim is already active on the account, a simple sim swap "should" work. Do it all the time. But we'll see.

On Sprint or Verizon?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It worked seamlessly on the Moto X Pure without permission. Maybe it would work out of the box. You might be without LTE Voice, but I imagine that you'll manage until it's official.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
No idea. All I know is that, like my Moto XPE, the phone has all it needs to work on both GSM and CDMA networks but Verizon and Sprint, unlike T-Mobile and AT&T, need to do something on their end to make this happen. Plenty of discussions about this already.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I also got a Moto X Pure from a preorder, and it worked out of the box, which was definitely before Verizon had 'certified' it. I ended up canceling my preorder for this phone just in case, but it could definitely end up working out the same for this one.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No idea. All I know is that, like my Moto XPE, the phone has all it needs to work on both GSM and CDMA networks but Verizon and Sprint, unlike T-Mobile and AT&T, need to do something on their end to make this happen. Plenty of discussions about this already.

In the case of Verizon, because of the 700 MHz auction, they need to accept devices that use that band. In theory, like the recent Nexus phones, last year's Moto X, and this year's Moto G, SIM swaps should be sufficient - no need for Verizon to do anything.

In the case of Sprint, Sprint doesn't have to abide by those rules.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Tyresian

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
With all those bands supported and Sprint compatibility I wonder if this would be a viable option to use on Google Project Fi?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
With all those bands supported and Sprint compatibility I wonder if this would be a viable option to use on Google Project Fi?

No. When I put my Fi Sim card in the A7 got project Fi service but when I tried to make a call it said device not supported.

RavenNull

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

That's not exactly how Sprint works. It's not as easy as just swapping the SIM. They need to first allow the device on the network so you can activate it here. With Sprint your SIM doesn't really matter that much (it's just used to access LTE) you can swap to any Sprint SIM from that link. You can't add a device Sprint hasn't approved to the network.

Verizon is a little different. You can't activate an unapproved device on their network but if you activate a phone that is approved then pop the SIM into any phone that has the radios to use the network and it will work. AT&T and T-Mobile you just activate the SIM and pop it into whatever phone you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar