Does the Axon 7 work on Verizon?

dfspcc

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
For anyone interested I am running both Verizon and AT&T simultaneously on this phone. I have had it a couple of days now. Verizon works only in Sim 1. I tried it alone this morning and without wireless downloaded a scanned 40 page pdf in seconds. WhatsApp appears to work as well on both lines. I am also using the Xiaomi Mi5 for the same thing. The Axon 7 is superfast and strong compared to the Xiaomi but the Xiaomi seems to use the two cards a little easier. It may just be my imagination, but the bottom line is that both phones seem to work fine with one sim card from each carrier. I took my sim card from a Nexus 5x and the AT&T card from a Windows Lumia 950, popped them both in and there you go - two networks on one phone.

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I wish I seen your post before buying. I got this phone to run 2 Verizon sim's. No dice, CDMA is only on Sim slot 1. Phone is amazing otherwise. Coming from GS7 Edge, and this phone is every bit as good in every area nearly.

ChuckWithAZ3v

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I was doing some more research concerning the Axon 7 (I'm a Verizon user and I really like this phone) and I stumbled upon the PCMag review which has been edited as of 10/18.

"Editors' Note: When we first published this review on July 25, 2016, the ZTE Axon 7 worked on all four major US carriers. Due to a software update, the phone is no longer compatible with Sprint or Verizon Wireless. We've updated our review to reflect this change, but it does not affect our rating. We continue to recommend the phone for GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile."

Is anyone still using the Axon 7 on Verizon wireless?

ChuckWithAZ3v

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I was doing some more research concerning the Axon 7 (I'm a Verizon user and I really like this phone) and I stumbled upon the PCMag review which has been edited as of 10/18.

"Editors' Note: When we first published this review on July 25, 2016, the ZTE Axon 7 worked on all four major US carriers. Due to a software update, the phone is no longer compatible with Sprint or Verizon Wireless. We've updated our review to reflect this change, but it does not affect our rating. We continue to recommend the phone for GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile."

Is anyone still using the Axon 7 on Verizon wireless?
http://www.pcmag.com/review/346194/zte-axon-7 here is the article.

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working fine on Verizon for the most part. Had a few dropped calls and the text app is sometimes buggy. What APN settings is everyone using? Mine seems to switch between a few of the pre installed options. But after selecting "restore default" it seems to work fine. I have had a few people say I'm not receiving text, and it only happens with people on AT&T.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Verizon sim in my Axon 7. Phone is working fine. CDMA is only supported in the 1st sim slot. It will not work in the 2nd slot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ok, just to confirm. You're using the Axon 7, on Verizon, for calls, downloads, data, everything without issue? Nice

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Can we swap in an already activated SIM and use this on Verizon?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Im on Verizon and trying 1 of my lines on project fi. I put my fi sim in my Verizon galaxy S7 EDGE and it worked on T-mobile only. So I'm thinking the Axon 7 might work on Verizon with 1 of their sims.

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
No, when I say CDMA Sim I mean Verizon or sprint. The second slot does not support CDMA carriers. The LTE works perfect for me. The only issue I am having is the APN settings are switching randomly. The default Apn settings great, but for some reason they randomly switch over to Trac Phone settings. When that does happen everything still works but text messaging. It's an easy fix, but is very annoying having to check those settings all the time. Hopefully someone can chime in with a fix.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
No, when I say CDMA Sim I mean Verizon or sprint. The second slot does not support CDMA carriers. The LTE works perfect for me. The only issue I am having is the APN settings are switching randomly. The default Apn settings great, but for some reason they randomly switch over to Trac Phone settings. When that does happen everything still works but text messaging. It's an easy fix, but is very annoying having to check those settings all the time. Hopefully someone can chime in with a fix.
Man. You almost had me to pull the trigger, lol.

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea problem just showed up. Seems to only happen when switching between WiFi and LTE. Still an awesome phone, I'll keep it regardless.