Does the Axon 7 work on Verizon?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can we swap in an already activated SIM and use this on Verizon?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It might work like the Moto X Pure. Verizon hadn't originally approved it to work, but Moto said, "Screw it!" and let it work out of the box.

I'm sure a reviewer will try it out.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It might work like the Moto X Pure. Verizon hadn't originally approved it to work, but Moto said, "Screw it!" and let it work out of the box.

I'm sure a reviewer will try it out.

I spoke with a product guy with ZTE and they're trying their absolute best to get the Axon 7 officially working with Verizon.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Did they give any specifics?

I just got this form the PC Mag Review.

Network Performance and Connectivity
The Axon 7 is an unlocked phone with full compatibility across all major US carriers. It supports GSM, CDMA, HSPA, and LTE bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29/30/41. Only the Motorola G4 Plus$329.99 at Amazon, G4$149.99 at Amazon, and Apple iPhone SE$399.99 at Verizon Wireless feature such broad network support. I tested the phone primarily on AT&T, but I was able to use data and make voice calls on Verizon as well. Network performance in midtown Manhattan was in line with what I've seen on other recent AT&T devices. The phone also supports dual-band Wi-Fi and NFC.

ZTE Axon 7 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got this form the PC Mag Review.

Network Performance and Connectivity
The Axon 7 is an unlocked phone with full compatibility across all major US carriers. It supports GSM, CDMA, HSPA, and LTE bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29/30/41. Only the Motorola G4 Plus$329.99 at Amazon, G4$149.99 at Amazon, and Apple iPhone SE$399.99 at Verizon Wireless feature such broad network support. I tested the phone primarily on AT&T, but I was able to use data and make voice calls on Verizon as well. Network performance in midtown Manhattan was in line with what I've seen on other recent AT&T devices. The phone also supports dual-band Wi-Fi and NFC.

ZTE Axon 7 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

I hope one of these sites goes more in-depth with Verizon use.

Steve Tate

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I emailed Ajay Kumar, the guy who wrote that article in PCMag and this is his replay and some screenshots.

Ajay
Attachments2:54 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
Can confirm. Have the Verizon sim in now, able to make calls. Data is bad inside the office but it worked outside.

On Monday, July 25, 2016, Steve> wrote:
Hi, I just read your review on the Axon 7. Can you confirm that just by putting in your Verizon SIM card, it worked on their network?

As you can imagine, there are a LOT of people waiting to order the phone until they hear that Verizon is ok with this phone working on their network.

Anything you could provide would be appreciated and passed along. Thanks!

--
Thanks,

Steve

IMG_1313.jpgIMG_1314.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I emailed Ajay Kumar, the guy who wrote that article in PCMag and this is his replay and some screenshots.

Ajay
Attachments2:54 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me
Can confirm. Have the Verizon sim in now, able to make calls. Data is bad inside the office but it worked outside.

On Monday, July 25, 2016, Steve> wrote:
Hi, I just read your review on the Axon 7. Can you confirm that just by putting in your Verizon SIM card, it worked on their network?

As you can imagine, there are a LOT of people waiting to order the phone until they hear that Verizon is ok with this phone working on their network.

Anything you could provide would be appreciated and passed along. Thanks!

--
Thanks,

Steve

View attachment 233234View attachment 233235

I believe that "R" signifies roaming.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Can we swap in an already activated SIM and use this on Verizon?

Yes you can, "I tested the phone primarily on AT&T, but I was able to use data and make voice calls on Verizon as well." From the PC mag review^^

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Verizon sim in my Axon 7. Phone is working fine. CDMA is only supported in the 1st sim slot. It will not work in the 2nd slot.

Posted via the Android Central App

vzwdj

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That's great news, I had a feeling it work, but ZTE is just covering themselves by saying it isn't compatible as they don't have an official agreement with Verizon...how do you like the phone so far?