I've never attempted to put a different OS on a phone before..

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I may see where you coming from but just remember that if you unlock the bootloader you lose your warranty, or at least that's what most if not all OEM does it, so I don't think I'm willing to lose the Passport 2.0 features being one of the most important part of my decision on getting this phone.

I know that getting an almost stock custom Rom for this phone with this great hardware is tempting but for me I'll wait and see how bad the UI may be and if I can tolerate it, maybe after 2 years I can do it, if I still have it

And yes, it seems that they will be announcing the Bootloader unlocking this week according to a post on their forum.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I dunno. The battery life is awesome for me right now, and I don't wanna jeopardize that with a custom ROM.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8209.jpg
    8209.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 74

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
If the much anticipated announcement comes next week for the unlocked bootloader I rather doubt it has any effect on any warranty issue from ZTE . Also custom roms don't necessarily mean bad or worse battery life.. Sometimes they do, but that is dependent on the Rom.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I may see where you coming from but just remember that if you unlock the bootloader you lose your warranty, or at least that's what most if not all OEM does it, so I don't think I'm willing to lose the Passport 2.0 features being one of the most important part of my decision on getting this phone.

I know that getting an almost stock custom Rom for this phone with this great hardware is tempting but for me I'll wait and see how bad the UI may be and if I can tolerate it, maybe after 2 years I can do it, if I still have it

And yes, it seems that they will be announcing the Bootloader unlocking this week according to a post on their forum.

They said there is an announcement coming this week. They never said the unlocked bootloader would be announced this week.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
If the much anticipated announcement comes next week for the unlocked bootloader I rather doubt it has any effect on any warranty issue from ZTE . Also custom roms don't necessarily mean bad or worse battery life.. Sometimes they do, but that is dependent on the Rom.

ZTE has stated that if they ever do unlock the bootloader the warranty would still be 2 years.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
ZTE has stated that if they ever do unlock the bootloader the warranty would still be 2 years.

That's what I'm hoping for, but given that there is nothing written about it, I think they will announce both things, the Unlocked bootloader option and that it won't affect warranty.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Well, just like I said and was afraid of, Bootloader can be oficially Unlocked but at the cost of your Warranty. So, I don't think I will even think about it anymore, at least for a while, until for me, it really worth it or if by any miracle I still have the phone when the Warranty is due.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, just like I said and was afraid of, Bootloader can be oficially Unlocked but at the cost of your Warranty. So, I don't think I will even think about it anymore, at least for a while, until for me, it really worth it or if by any miracle I still have the phone when the Warranty is due.

Every company that has unlocked bootloaders says this.. You need to wait and see if they do it like everyone else or something different..

Also.. Until we know exactly what the process is, and have the source code and the kernel and also a breakdown of the Axon 7 to see if there is a e-fuse or the likes there are going to be ways around things just like on the Nexus, HTC and others.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I agree with you. I canceled my pre order due to all the software issues. I was going to revisit the Axon 7 down the line when these issues have been fixed. I will now wait for the new Nexus devices. I was really excited when the Axon 7 was announced. But the delivery fiasco as well as all of the reported problems have just turned me away from it. Good luck to all that do or will have this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz