How long will it take to update to 7.0 nougat for the axon?

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
To update to 7.0 nougat for the axon?
Here's a Na article I copy and pasted...

So instead of asking about the latest version of Android, we're asking about the new monthly security updates that Google is issuing. And the answers to that new, less ambitious but more important question are not good, asAndroid Central*pointed out in February. Now, buying a new Android phone demands that the consumer look into whether the manufacturer has committed to those monthly updates and if it has a good history of keeping that promise (so far: Samsung, HTC, and BlackBerry are doing pretty well, Moto and Sony are not).

Does axon keep up with these security updates?

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
As far as I'm aware they have a fairly poor track record, but the axon 7 is the first with the near stock ui, so it is supposed to be better I think.

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
A slight correction to that... I have last year's Axon Pro and it was actually closer to stock software than the Axon 7. They were pretty good as far as system updates went, with the phone getting Marshmallow in mid-february, sooner than most of the other "flagship" phones. The monthly security updates were a different story though. They would only bring them up to the current level when they would do a system or maintenance update. No updates just for the security patch. If I remember correctly, the phone has had two maintenance updates and one system version update, so not bad really. Unfortunately I've had a ton of unresolved issues since the jump to Marshmallow.

I watched ZTE's webinar about the Axon 7 and they kinda-sorta-but-not-really committed to keeping the patches up to date. He danced around the question suggesting that updates were important but monthly might be too frequent? I got the definite impression he had no idea Google did monthly security patches but then he was more of a marketing guy I believe?

Henaway

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm GUESSING they will update to N fairly quickly once Daydream is announced, since they've been marketing the 7 as the first Daydream compatible device ... and they need N for that. They have confirmed (at least ZTE Canada via Facebook) that the N update is coming ... and I'm hoping when it does they address the main concerns of the community like the notification bell, improved software experience, and supporting camera RAW. If they nail that, there will be a lot of happy folks.

I haven't pulled the pin on my next phone yet. I'm between the A7, the OnePlus 3, and the Note 7 right now. Yes, the Note 7 seems out of place in that list, because for the same money I could buy both the OP3 AND the Axon. But the S Pen, camera, and IP68 really appeal to me. And it's within my current max budget. I just really, really hate glass backs. And I can't really justify the price on those three bullet points. The OP3 has the same strike against it that waiting for the new Nexus phones does - no microSD. It's something a personally use and love.

Right now, out of the box, the OP3 still has an edge based on camera and software. They have done a stellar job with OxygenOS, and ZTE should really be taking notes from them on how to do Android right. Heck, ALL manufacturers should sit up and take notice there!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995