is the Axon 7 rear camera any good for both photo and video?
    comparing to Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6S Plus.
    09-20-2016 03:31 AM
    No. But it's not terrible
    09-20-2016 05:31 AM
    And it's almost half the price
    09-20-2016 05:31 AM
    The Camera is trash. Number 2 reason I returned it. Number 1 was the radio. With that being said, both of these areas are to be addressed in the Axon 7 Update. I just read about it this morning, You may want to wait until the update is tested.

Camera can not capture ANY motion. My pictures were often blurry, low light was horrendous, and even daylight photos showed a lack of detail. The lack of detail may be a result of its inability to take photos of movement, moderate shake may have ruined my images. It is not an S7 or Iphone. If you want that I suggest the Honor 8 (still falls a little short in capturing movement). Photos are definitely better with other devices, but the Axon is a bargain.
    09-20-2016 06:10 AM
    is the Axon 7 rear camera any good for both photo and video?
    comparing to Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6S Plus.
    No. But it's not terrible
    The Camera is trash. Number 2 reason I returned it. Number 1 was the radio. With that being said, both of these areas are to be addressed in the Axon 7 Update. I just read about it this morning, You may want to wait until the update is tested.

Camera can not capture ANY motion. My pictures were often blurry, low light was horrendous, and even daylight photos showed a lack of detail. The lack of detail may be a result of its inability to take photos of movement, moderate shake may have ruined my images. It is not an S7 or Iphone. If you want that I suggest the Honor 8 (still falls a little short in capturing movement). Photos are definitely better with other devices, but the Axon is a bargain.
    Both of this areas WERE already covered in yesterday's update. I took a couple of pictures yesterday to see and they indeed looked a lot better than before. Remember that the Axon has the hardware for great pictures it has always been software, this has been proven by people taking Manual adjusted pictures and they look great.

I think their major issue was the focus and that's exactly what they targeted on this update and it seems to have helped, and they are still working on even more adjustments, so maybe it gets even better with next update.

About the Signal, they did work with the RF performance and for some people it seems to have helped considerable with the Signal Strength, for me, not needed as I have never had any issues with it, it has always had the same Signal Strength compared side by side with my S7 edge and my Wife's S7. They worked on the Algorithm to calculate the bars so now people complaining simply because they saw less bars than with another phone and not comparing real dBm Signal Strength can stop their uneducated whining, for those others that indeed had some Signal issues, it seems that the adjustments has also helped a lot.

All for all, a very good update, they still have some other things pending but they are listening and it seems that the next one may include finally the Nougat update, I'm guessing, plus the other things like the work with the Notification bell on the lockscreen.
    huntnyc and Diane Strickland like this.
    09-20-2016 07:55 AM

Thanks! I sure hope the camera's problem can is in the software and not in the hardware.
    Not being able to capture motion is silly. How am I suppose to take pictures of dogs and
    cats?

I know this camera is only $277... well $399 normally, but still.
    09-20-2016 08:44 AM
    Both of this areas WERE already covered in yesterday's update. I took a couple of pictures yesterday to see and they indeed looked a lot better than before. Remember that the Axon has the hardware for great pictures it has always been software, this has been proven by people taking Manual adjusted pictures and they look great.

I think their major issue was the focus and that's exactly what they targeted on this update and it seems to have helped, and they are still working on even more adjustments, so maybe it gets even better with next update.

About the Signal, they did work with the RF performance and for some people it seems to have helped considerable with the Signal Strength, for me, not needed as I have never had any issues with it, it has always had the same Signal Strength compared side by side with my S7 edge and my Wife's S7. They worked on the Algorithm to calculate the bars so now people complaining simply because they saw less bars than with another phone and not comparing real dBm Signal Strength can stop their uneducated whining, for those others that indeed had some Signal issues, it seems that the adjustments has also helped a lot.

All for all, a very good update, they still have some other things pending but they are listening and it seems that the next one may include finally the Nougat update, I'm guessing, plus the other things like the work with the Notification bell on the lockscreen.
    How is the camera in low light and motion?
    09-20-2016 05:32 PM
    How is the camera in low light and motion?
    I just took a couple of pictures of my wife walking in front of me in my Living Room in low light conditions and neither of them were blurry and it automatically displayed a night mode or something like that on the display when taking the pictures and to tell you the truth, they looked quite good for the conditions above mentioned.

I can tell you that it won't get to the point of a Galaxy S7 or Note 7, no matter the software adjustments, but it indeed looks a lot better than before the update, and like I said, they are still making adjustments for future updates so one thing is for sure, it should get even better than now, so for a $400 phone, this camera now can be really used in most if not all possible scenarios and with very good results. IMHO.
    huntnyc likes this.
    09-20-2016 06:52 PM
    I just took a couple of pictures of my wife walking in front of me in my Living Room in low light conditions and neither of them were blurry and it automatically displayed a night mode or something like that on the display when taking the pictures and to tell you the truth, they looked quite good for the conditions above mentioned.

I can tell you that it won't get to the point of a Galaxy S7 or Note 7, no matter the software adjustments, but it indeed looks a lot better than before the update, and like I said, they are still making adjustments for future updates so one thing is for sure, it should get even better than now, so for a $400 phone, this camera now can be really used in most if not all possible scenarios and with very good results. IMHO.
    Pictures of your wife or its not true lol. I'm kidding.
    That's good to know. I'm looking to buy one. I want the gray but I don't get why there's a premium charge.
    09-20-2016 09:32 PM

I'm Glad to hear this.... I loved the phone, but the Camera before the update was frustrating to an individual with 4 kids. I may take a another look.
    09-20-2016 09:50 PM
    I'm Glad to hear this.... I loved the phone, but the Camera before the update was frustrating to an individual with 4 kids. I may take a another look.
    I understand about needing a great photo shooter when having a family and little children, as you may understand nobody will know exactly what your needs are and whatever is good enough for me may not be for you, but again, for the price, this phone is almost perfect, now with a better camera is even a better deal. It won't get to the Galaxy S7/Note 7 level on pictures, it lacks the hardware for that, but the one it has is a very capable one so with some Software adjustments they can make it a little better and that's what they are still working for according to their Dev team. Good thing is that they have their Passport 2.0 Warranty that gives you 35 days to return the phone to them for a Full Refund, you can try it, if you are not convinced, simply contact them and request the return authorization.

They are still working on the Software for near future updates, they are even working with Cyanogen to allow for a full new ROM for those that don't have problems unlocking the Bootloader and installing Custom ROMs, so we can always have an almost Vanilla Android version soon if that is your cup of tea.
    09-21-2016 08:36 AM

Would you mind posting some low-light (post-update) pictures? Thanks!
    09-22-2016 11:29 AM