This is quickly becoming the worst phone I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT of phones, including that Nokia abomination back in the 00s with the weird rotary dial pad).

This phone, however, takes the crown:
    • Speaker often emits a series of pops when playing sound. Sometimes doesn't.
    • Randomly stops playing music/podcasts when the screen turns off. Sometimes doesn't.
    • The volume up/down is where any normal-sized human's thumb would go, and I find myself constantly turning the volume down when I mean to turn the screen on or off. I actually have to bend my thumb uncomfortably, or tilt the phone away, to hit the power button.
    • The nav keys aren't lit in any way, meaning I'm randomly stabbing around the bottom of the phone to go home or back.

I really wanted to like this phone, but it is just an exercise in frustration to use it, even after a couple weeks of using it daily.
    11-11-2016 08:42 AM
    Ouch. That sucks; are you going to return and get something else?
    11-11-2016 08:47 AM
    Still debating.

Newegg won't refund my money. ZTE offered to take it in and repair it, but it takes 2-3 weeks and they won't ship me an advanced replacement without putting a $399+$79 hold on my credit card. I'll probably end up doing that, and hope that the buggy audio at least gets fixed with a replacement.
    11-11-2016 08:59 AM
    Still debating.

Newegg won't refund my money. ZTE offered to take it in and repair it, but it takes 2-3 weeks and they won't ship me an advanced replacement without putting a $399+$79 hold on my credit card. I'll probably end up doing that, and hope that the buggy audio at least gets fixed with a replacement.
    I'm sorry for you too. I've got no issues at all. I buy most of my phones through b&h. They're great to deal with. I also recommend that you always keep the last phone that you're replacing in case something like this happens. At least you'll have a phpne.
    11-11-2016 10:12 AM
    Call Axon support 800-617-5065 and get an express exchange under warranty. I have done this twice. Phone arrives in a couple of days. Send back old phone in same box after printing prepaid label. Best cell phone oem that I have dealt with.
    11-11-2016 11:51 AM
    Did they put a $480 hold on your credit card during this process? That's what they wanted to do yesterday when I talked to them. I was like "Why wouldn't I just return this phone at Newegg and buy a new one? That would be cheaper." The guys said "Sure, you are welcome to do that." That was before I found out Newegg wouldn't take it back.
    11-11-2016 01:00 PM
    This is quickly becoming the worst phone I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT of phones, including that Nokia abomination back in the 00s with the weird rotary dial pad).

This phone, however, takes the crown:
    [LIST][*]Speaker often emits a series of pops when playing sound. Sometimes doesn't.
    mine doesn't, so yours must be defective. It happens

[*]Randomly stops playing music/podcasts when the screen turns off. Sometimes doesn't.
    mine doesn't, so yours must have a problem... Have you tried a factory reset?

[*]The volume up/down is where any normal-sized human's thumb would go, and I find myself constantly turning the volume down when I mean to turn the screen on or off. I actually have to bend my thumb uncomfortably, or tilt the phone away, to hit the power button.
    well I have "normal hands" and I have no problem finding the right button to turn up or down the volume. What can I say...

[*]The nav keys aren't lit in any way, meaning I'm randomly stabbing around the bottom of the phone to go home or back.

well, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you, right? I mean, you knew before you bought it the nav keys weren't lit, right? So don't be upset

I really wanted to like this phone, but it is just an exercise in frustration to use it, even after a couple weeks of using it daily.
    I think you didn't like the phone from the start...
    I really love mine, and that love grew as the days went by. Now I adore it
    maclancer and Peacen1k like this.
    11-11-2016 01:24 PM
    Thinking in buying an axon 7... This is the first phone I see with two years standard warranty... None of the other phone makers can beat that... Even the Pixel phones made by Google.
    11-11-2016 01:29 PM
    mine doesn't, so yours must be defective. It happens
    Multiple people are reporting the speaker pops and the music/podcast apps stopping when the phone locks.

Yes, I spent several hours with ZTE this week doing flushes and resets, even a bootloader factory reset, to no avail.

I'm happy you don't have any of the problems myself and others have experienced. May your good fortune continue.
    11-11-2016 01:38 PM
    Did they put a $480 hold on your credit card during this process? That's what they wanted to do yesterday when I talked to them. I was like "Why wouldn't I just return this phone at Newegg and buy a new one? That would be cheaper." The guys said "Sure, you are welcome to do that." That was before I found out Newegg wouldn't take it back.
    They place holds on card but charges drop off if your phone arrives without any accidental damage. Two phones exchanged and no charge to me. Outstanding included warranty.
    11-11-2016 02:11 PM
    I learned from past experience, Newegg is the worst place to buy an unlocked phone. Their policy is absolutely no refunds on unlocked phones purchased from them.
    11-13-2016 11:26 AM