Verizon & axon7

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Axon7 & verizon

So my son has the axon 7 on cricket.
I have the 10 on verizon.

I put his sim in my phone and of course get the verizon blah blah blah.....
Works like a champ except no lte. I get HS, so my signal is great, but my speeds are only like 5 up and 2 down. Expected because Cricket caps at 8.

I put my verizon sim in and it says roaming. But the rep said just take it to a store and they will adjust it to work on Verizon. Probably by changing the APN?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
A7 & verizon

Is anyone else using the A7 on Verizon wireless? Mine works, but it always says I'm roaming. Also, every once in a while, instead of saying verizon wireless, the numbers 123456 come up. I'd like to get feedback.

norcal7867

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: A7 & verizon

Is anyone else using the A7 on Verizon wireless? Mine works, but it always says I'm roaming. Also, every once in a while, instead of saying verizon wireless, the numbers 123456 come up. I'd like to get feedback.

All "normal" with this phone. No roaming charges and 123456 is usually there when u aren't using Verizon data.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Axon7 & verizon

Who told you that, Verizon or ZTE?

Does anybody actually believe everything that Verizon reps say? I have rarely heard the same answer from two or more different VZW reps.... don't get me wrong, most of them are very nice, but their answers just conflict with each other too much... (from my experience dealing with them, having been a Verizon customer continuously for around 20 years, since they were still Bell Atlantic Mobile)

D4pp3rD4n

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Mine was working perfectly on the default settings (never editing anything, just popped in the sim) until I restarted it yesterday. Now, I can't get it to register on Verizon. I've done a factory reset, wiped cache, but still won't connect...only wifi. I bought a T-Mobile sim that will arrive in a few days and hopefully the GSM sim swap will work.

Anybody else have any issues recently not connecting to Verizon?

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Carriers

It's worked on Verizon from the get go. It can act a bit weird, though. Also, the nougat update messed it all up, and I needed a GSM Sim and some messing with the APN settings to get it working again.

I do believe you need the Verizon dim to already be activated before using this phone.
You can't use Verizon visual voice mail
VoLTE is a no go
No data while on calls
Phone may or may not show permanently roaming, which functionally does nothing.

That's all there is to it.

D4pp3rD4n

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
I just got it to recognize it after doing 2 resets (1st time sim tray empty, 2nd time with GSM sim). Then after setup, I put the Verizon sim in and it now recognized it. I even restarted it and it still is on Verizon. Data even works without the Data Roaming option checked. Getting 30mb/s up and down. Battery drain is on steroids.

I use YouMail for visual voicemail, and it works great.

My issue now is I can't make/receive phone calls or MMS (I can send/receive SMS). Under the Dual Sim Settings --> Data Call Settings, it reads "Verizon Wireless Mobile data". Unsure if it's supposed to read something else. I also have 6 APN options to choose from, which are really 2x of 3 different options. Weird. They read 'Administrative', 'TracFone', and 'Application'. The Administrative APN is VZWADMIN. The remainder of the settings look like the ones others have posted, except under 'APN type' it just says "fota".

Any ideas on getting calls and MMS working?

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

I had similar issues after the 7.0 update. Ended up resetting my phone, popping in a unactivated GSM Sim card for a few minutes. Then put in the Verizon Sim and restarted the phone. Everything has been working fine since. Didn't touch any of the apn settings.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I had similar issues after the 7.0 update. Ended up resetting my phone, popping in a unactivated GSM Sim card for a few minutes. Then put in the Verizon Sim and restarted the phone. Everything has been working fine since. Didn't touch any of the apn settings.

Let me understand what you did again? You powered down, popped in an un-activated gsm sim, powered up for a few minutes, then powered down, put in your verizon sim and powered back up? And it's working flawlessly? Do you get the 123456 reading sometimes instead of verizon? And is the roaming icon still present?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I just read Jerry's article on adjusting the APN settings on devices. I'm wondering if I put in my Verizon sim, then match all the APN settings that were on my galaxy s7 edge, would that make the A7 be verizon ready without problems?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I just read Jerry's article on adjusting the APN settings on devices. I'm wondering if I put in my Verizon sim, then match all the APN settings that were on my galaxy s7 edge, would that make the A7 be verizon ready without problems?

Ok, I actually just spoke to Verizon. According to them, they have 3 kinds of nano sim cards for different phones. They suggested I take the A7 to a corporate verizon store and have their tech support get it activated. Sim and support free.

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I actually just spoke to Verizon. According to them, they have 3 kinds of nano sim cards for different phones. They suggested I take the A7 to a corporate verizon store and have their tech support get it activated. Sim and support free.

I read somewhere else the 7.1 update has taken care of the Apn setting issue. If you haven't updated maybe try that. If that doesn't work, then I'm confident you will probably need to pop in a GSM Sim to get things worked out. That is what I had to do on MM and 7.0. Good luck

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I read somewhere else the 7.1 update has taken care of the Apn setting issue. If you haven't updated maybe try that. If that doesn't work, then I'm confident you will probably need to pop in a GSM Sim to get things worked out. That is what I had to do on MM and 7.0. Good luck

Well, I tried my A7 with my Verizon sim, and I still get that 123456 message.