Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Has anyone heard any news about the Axon 8 release/specs/etc? I saw from the wonderful Smartphone Calendar Chart on here that its release is sometime between April and June. I can't wait to see what it's like! Maybe it'll be my next device... :).

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Has anyone heard any news about the Axon 8 release/specs/etc? I saw from the wonderful Smartphone Calendar Chart on here that its release is sometime between April and June. I can't wait to see what it's like! Maybe it'll be my next device... :).

I've not heard a thing but am paying close attention to the web. I certainly hope that ZTE doesn't change the hifi and dolby. That's a highlight.

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love my A7 but for the next version I think the only thing they definitely need to do is:
Add lighting to the buttons

Other wish list items are:
Increase the battery size
Water proofing
Better camera

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've not heard a thing but am paying close attention to the web. I certainly hope that ZTE doesn't change the hifi and dolby. That's a highlight.

Thank you so much for your response! I'm glad someone else is also paying close attention to the Internet! I can't wait to find out something about the Axon 8 - anything, at this point.

Sorry - Dolby? Do you have the Axon 7?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love my A7 but for the next version I think the only thing they definitely need to do is:
Add lighting to the buttons

Other wish list items are:
Increase the battery size
Water proofing
Better camera

I'd be okay with all of these, but especially the lighting-to-the-buttons thing. That would really come in handy

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for your response! I'm glad someone else is also paying close attention to the Internet! I can't wait to find out something about the Axon 8 - anything, at this point.

Sorry - Dolby? Do you have the Axon 7?

Certainly do. I sold my pixel (rip off), and bought the A7. Not only does it have 3 times the features, but it's truly a better and faster device even with the 820 chip.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Certainly do. I sold my pixel (rip off), and bought the A7. Not only does it have 3 times the features, but it's truly a better and faster device even with the 820 chip.

Awesome! I love hearing about​ phones like the Axon 7 that are awesome yet underrated. Can't wait to see what the 8 has in store for us!

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the 7, so I won't be getting the 8 no matter how good it is. Maybe the 9, since I like to skip a gen. But I will be interested to see what the 8 will bring.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the 7, so I won't be getting the 8 no matter how good it is. Maybe the 9, since I like to skip a gen. But I will be interested to see what the 8 will bring.

Yes! I sometimes skip a generation too and then see what's up next. Hopefully the 8 will pave the way for an even better 9! How are you liking the 7 so far?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait to find out something about the Axon 8 - anything, at this point.

Haha, we all love finding out new juicy details about upcoming devices 😃

These are the rumours I've heard so far. Comes with 4 / 64GB memory with a Snapdragon 820 or 821. Would be very nice to have that as base storage.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Haha, we all love finding out new juicy details about upcoming devices ??????

These are the rumours I've heard so far. Comes with 4 / 64GB memory with a Snapdragon 820 or 821. Would be very nice to have that as base storage.

That seems to be the spec of current Axon 7 rather than next generation Axon 8. US spec Axon 7 already comes with 4/64GB and Snapdragon 820.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
That seems to be the spec of current Axon 7 rather than next generation Axon 8. US spec Axon 7 already comes with 4/64GB and Snapdragon 820.

It does hey? I thought things were a little off but that's what some websites are reporting so that's what I posted 😃. Maybe they are just giving those as a minimum and hoping it will be better.

Guess we will have to wait a little longer to find out all the juicy details. Sorry about that guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome