Just Bout The Axon 7 ...Couple of questions

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
So far the phone is great the bottom causative buttons aren't as bad as I thought they would be

I'm new to Android so I have a couple of questions, I updated it to 7.1 and using the SMS app that came with the phone and when I get a new text it doesn't let me reply from the notification center is there a setting to change or a different app that let's me do this?

And also the keyboard is fine except for the emoji is there anyway or option to change the emoji on the keyboard?

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So far the phone is great the bottom causative buttons aren't as bad as I thought they would be

I'm new to Android so I have a couple of questions, I updated it to 7.1 and using the SMS app that came with the phone and when I get a new text it doesn't let me reply from the notification center is there a setting to change or a different app that let's me do this?

And also the keyboard is fine except for the emoji is there anyway or option to change the emoji on the keyboard?
Both of your issues can be solved with Textra. I have been using it for a while and you can reply from the pull down and customize emojis. There are several Textra emoji packs available free in the play store.

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Both of your issues can be solved with Textra. I have been using it for a while and you can reply from the pull down and customize emojis. There are several Textra emoji packs available free in the play store.
Thanks I'll try that. Do the emojis only stick with the SMS app or throughout other apps too

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, emojis can be in the SMS app and the keyboard. I addressed the SMS because you mentioned that. I use SwiftKey as my keyboard as well. Not sure which emojis SwiftKey offers but it's free as well. This is the beauty of Android. It's all customizable.

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Well, emojis can be in the SMS app and the keyboard. I addressed the SMS because you mentioned that. I use SwiftKey as my keyboard as well. Not sure which emojis SwiftKey offers but it's free as well. This is the beauty of Android. It's all customizable.
Thanks I'll try that too what is the name of the keyboard that comes default on this phone it's pretty good.
Not use to this level of customization coming from windows phone lol

Is there a way to map a button for the camera

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that too what is the name of the keyboard that comes default on this phone it's pretty good.
Not use to this level of customization coming from windows phone lol
I believe that keyboard is called TouchPal. I prefer the customization of SwiftKey and I've just gotten used to it over the years. That's also the beauty of customization in general, everyone can have different preferences. Have fun with it and find what you like. Gboard is another good keyboard made by Google. No risk in trying any or all. :)

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I believe that keyboard is called TouchPal. I prefer the customization of SwiftKey and I've just gotten used to it over the years. That's also the beauty of customization in general, everyone can have different preferences. Have fun with it and find what you like. Gboard is another good keyboard made by Google. No risk in trying any or all. :)
Just installed SwiftKey how do you change the emojis on there?

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just installed SwiftKey how do you change the emojis on there?
Come to think of it, SwiftKey might not have emoji packs. I may have been mistaken. Textra has them and other keyboards might have more choices. I use SwiftKey Beta and the emojis are different on that. Are there particular emojis you're looking for?

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
In the phone settings under advanced settings, languages and input then virtual keyboard. Come to think of it, SwiftKey might not have emoji packs. I may have been mistaken. Textra has them and other keyboards might have more choices. I use SwiftKey Beta and the emojis are different on that. Are there particular emojis you're looking for?
Just any pack that makes them look sharper I don't like the blob looking emojis

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Emoji is part of Android OS, not part of keyboard. Regardless of your keyboard of choice, they all look the same. Only a few apps, e.g. WeChat, have their own in app emoji.