I'm trying to set my text tone different from the general notification sound but when I change its still playing the general notification sound

Anyone else having this issue?

My text are still coming through with the glow tone instead of the custom tone I have set

10-23-2017 12:05 PM
    If someone starts a new SMS conversation with you, does it give you the correct tone?

Open your Messaging app, select one of your conversations, tap Menu>People & Options>Notifications -- does your preferred tone show up there? I'm not entirely sure of the sequence, but after I upgraded from a Nexus 6P to a Pixel XL, the older messages that got copied over were assigned the system's default notification tone, even though I set the notification tone for the Messaging app to something else. So with older message threads, I have to manually change the custom tone for that thread to the one I want. New message threads, however, have the proper custom tone. Hope that makes sense.
    10-23-2017 07:21 PM
    If someone starts a new SMS conversation with you, does it give you the correct tone?

Open your Messaging app, select one of your conversations, tap Menu>People & Options>Notifications -- does your preferred tone show up there? I'm not entirely sure of the sequence, but after I upgraded from a Nexus 6P to a Pixel XL, the older messages that got copied over were assigned the system's default notification tone, even though I set the notification tone for the Messaging app to something else. So with older message threads, I have to manually change the custom tone for that thread to the one I want. New message threads, however, have the proper custom tone. Hope that makes sense.
    Ended up figuring it out. My textra app still had the default sound set even though I changed it in settings I had to go into the textra app and change the sound there in order for it to change
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-23-2017 07:23 PM