I own the Axon 7 Mini and I've been wanting the regular Axon 7 too but I wanted to find out if it's still a good buy today say like if I waited until a black Friday sale or something. I've always wanted one but I hear mixed reviews on it. So what should I do? Get one or pass on it?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-30-2017 09:00 PM
    ive had mine for about a year and still love it.
    10-31-2017 12:23 PM
    ive had mine for about a year and still love it.
    That's good to hear. I've got it narrowed down to the honor 8 and axon 7. Now I need to decide which to get. Right now I just bought a 32g honor 8 which I'm sending back for a 64g or an axon 7.
    10-31-2017 07:51 PM
    I hope you saw they plan to come out with the Axon 8.
    11-02-2017 12:02 PM
    Still a good phone I'd recommend even with the axon 8 coming
    11-02-2017 07:49 PM
    I hope you saw they plan to come out with the Axon 8.
    Where did you see that about the Axon 8? I've yet to hear or see anything about the Axon 8. Did it say if it will still have the same awesome speakers. This is a huge selling point to me of the Axon 7 from getting to see just how good they are with the Axon 7 mini model. Also I like all metal phones. I really hope they don't do two things which I'm afraid they will at least do one. One is making the screen into a 18.9 ratio. To me it makes absolutely zero sense to take away from the classic width of a screen and then make the phone taller which just takes away from the overall viewing experience as the phone becomes way too narrow. This is a major reason I got rid of my Samsung S8. The crazy not needed fad of the 18.9 ratio. Let's hope they won't join the fad but I'm betting they do just like every other company has so far. Number two getting away from the all high end premium metal body and build and going with the fragile glass front and back. ZTE makes an awesome built phone and that's bc it's all metal. Even the Axon 7 mini is identical to the Axon 7 in terms of high end build and the high end speakers. As long as they avoid these two major things then I'd be more happy to wait on the Axon 8 but I have to think one of these two major changes will be made for the Axon 8. I can deal with a glass build but I refuse the 18.9 crazy no sense making fad of just a way too narrow phone. It's absolutely horrible for movies and media. So if the Axon 8 is 18.9 then I won't even think of getting it and I'll opt for the Axon 7 even though it will be dated. I've wanted the phone since release but I never did get one for one reason or another. I personally want the silver model. The only downfall to the Axon 7 is the non back lit nav keys. I have to think that must have a learning curve in the dark being that they are so close together. Also it seems it's kind of hard to still buy a new Axon 7 anymore as they are mostly sold out everywhere. So I'm unsure if I'll ever have a chance to get one as I just bought the 64g pearl white honor 8 which is my all time favorite phone. I'm a huge fan and supporter of EMUI software. It's vastly different than Android the highly unique so I bought it to become my now long term daily driver. The Axon 7 if I get one will not be my daily phone bc of the large 5.5 size. I prefer a smaller one handed device for my daily driver and the honor 8 is almost perfect for that. If it were 5.1 it would in fact be perfect. I can use the 5.2 inch size with one hand but it's a bit of a stretch in some cases. The Axon 7 would be my media phone for movies and web browsing. Plus I like the quad hd display too. I may just buy one used instead of new to save money if I can find a silver. I can't do the gold as I am not a fan at all. I just know the Axon 7 mini is the sleeper phone of 2017 so I have to think the Axon 7 is a heck of a phone for the money. It's a flagship in every step of the way to me.
    11-03-2017 01:54 AM
    ZTE's own Twitter account confirmed it but didn't give any more information.
    11-03-2017 12:01 PM
    11-03-2017 12:14 PM
    That's awesome. Now I have to wonder if they will use that dreaded 18.9 inch ratio. I so hope they don't. Like I said I've been wanting the Axon 7 for some time now but now I'm going to wait until they make their announcement along with the specs and type build of the phone. I think they should stick to what the Axon 7 offered but amp up the specs and tweak it here and there. I think the Axon 7 is an amazing device for the money. It's definitely a flagship but without the flagship way over priced pricing.
    11-04-2017 11:39 AM
    But they could follow the crowd and start charging more. Gawd I hope not.
    11-06-2017 12:09 PM
    I was going to pull the trigger on it last year. I think I'd still buy it today or at least consider it; however I'm waiting to see if they will make a successor to the Axon 7!
    11-16-2017 09:18 PM