Dolby Atmos

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Ok so when in listening to music it will automatically go to the present of music just like if I'm watching a movie . When I make my own custom preset and I go to it why does it randomly go back to a default preset is it a way I can get it not do that. I don't want to mess with the default settings . I have a sound preset for wireless and when I plug in for the sound difference.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I notice that when I turn off my Dolby atmos, it's louder off then turning it on.
If anyone can explain that to me would be great.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I notice that when I turn off my Dolby atmos, it's louder off then turning it on.

What kind of headphones are you using? If you're using noise canceling headphones, that is what will happen. Get yourself a good pair of non, noise canceling headphones. I recommend the klipsch xr8i. They're fantastic.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
What kind of headphones are you using? If you're using noise canceling headphones, that is what will happen. Get yourself a good pair of non, noise canceling headphones. I recommend the klipsch xr8i. They're fantastic.
I'm not using headphones. I just use the phone speakers. When I listen to YouTube it something.
Is the Dolby atmos option only meant for headphones?

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
my original question was for example if I'm listening to music it will be on music in the Dolby settings. when I make moly own customize preset and listen it will stay on that preset for a little bit. but if I go back in to the Dolby settings it's showing it back on the music preset . how do I get it not to change by it self . if I make my own presets for different head phones I would like it to stay on that preset and not change automatically back to music.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Dolby Atmos itself is a sound preset. If you will use your own preset, it's overriding the Dolby preset. You can't have 2 equalizer setups at the same time.

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Dolby Atmos itself is a sound preset. If you will use your own preset, it's overriding the Dolby preset. You can't have 2 equalizer setups at the same time.

So why would they have two options for custom in the present if u can't use them lol ?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So why would they have two options for custom in the present if u can't use them lol ?
Well I haven't looked into newer Atmos devices so they may have changed it to work like Samsung's UHQ or Adapt Sound, but unless they have, that's what I know.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

If you're using sound cancelation headphones, like bose,, you defeat the Dolby atmos since these type of headphones defeat the noise they think they're picking up. You've got to get a good pair of NON, NOISE CANCELING HEADPHONES. Yo can get a great pair like the Audio technica ath m50x (which they use in recording studios), for around $150.00,and sometimes cheaper on sale. Once you do this, you'll notice the difference. Believe me. I also have a pair of klipsch xr8i when earbuds are called for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech