ZTE banned in the US...

scottmc129

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
and we may get nuked...lol

Updated 4/18/18 – Things just got even worse for ZTE. According to someone familiar with the matter at hand, ZTE's access to using Android on its mobile devices may be revoked. Alphabet is reportedly in talks with ZTE about the impact of the ban that was announced on Monday, and while a decision on this front hasn't been met yet, this isn't a good position for ZTE to be in.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Well this sucks. I wonder if this also has to do with bs debacle of our (USA) govt with China and their raising their tariffs.
I bet it has more to do with that if anything.
Is playing childless games.
Damn I wonder what phone to get that is similar to axon 9

scottmc129

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking around and just seems like theres nothing close to this phone. either you go way down to the $200 phones or way up to $7-800...the 300-400 is a dead zone right now. and now we have to deal with all these notch knock offs...Can I just buy a One+5T somewhere?

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I think axon 9 would of been around 500 to 600 range.
It seems if u want something comparable to axon 9 specs, u will have to spend 500 or 600+.
Now the high end phones are around $900usd and up unfortunately.
Basically these companies test out these phone prices and how dumb people are willing to pay for a phone thats only high end for about few months.
So thanks to dumb *** consumers I guess.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that current ZTE phones will still continue to work. Seems to me that if they fi not, either ZTE, google, or the US government owes us some cash.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping that current ZTE phones will still continue to work. Seems to me that if they fi not, either ZTE, google, or the US government owes us some cash.
I would think current phones will still function, just stuck in time without anymore OS and security updates. Buy and use at your own risk.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I see no reason that current phones would stop working.

ZTE would be smart to continue updated to it's phones to maintain trust in the market especially during the pending law suit.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I see no reason that current phones would stop working.

ZTE would be smart to continue updated to it's phones to maintain trust in the market especially during the pending law suit.
They can only do what they're permitted to do. At this point, having to deal with USA regulators plus Alphabet Google Android, options for the OEM are very limited.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I just did a live chat with a ZTE tech support rep and he said the Axon 7 will continue to be supported and once Android 8 rises from beta, it will be released. He also said all Android functions including Google apps will continue to work as they have in the past. You guys should do a chat with support rather than conjecture, LOL

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Really tech support? They don't know anymore than we do lol.
And if everything goes right for ZTE, it's going to be axon 9, not 8

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Well this sucks. I wonder if this also has to do with bs debacle of our (USA) govt with China and their raising their tariffs.
I bet it has more to do with that if anything.
Is playing childless games.
Damn I wonder what phone to get that is similar to axon 9

ZTE was caught doing business with Iran and North Korea, America doesn't allow foreign companies that do business with those nations to do business with American companies.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I just did a live chat with a ZTE tech support rep and he said the Axon 7 will continue to be supported and once Android 8 rises from beta, it will be released. He also said all Android functions including Google apps will continue to work as they have in the past. You guys should do a chat with support rather than conjecture, LOL

Asking some employee whose possibly losing their job due to specific type situation will not give you accurate information. More likely they're in their own self-denial about the desperation of their own situation and sitting in a huge self-imposed blind spot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12