62 123
tools
    So is it safe to say we're not getting Oreo this month...or ever? ugh sigh
    04-18-2018 09:21 PM
    What! ZTE is banned? WTF?
    04-19-2018 12:04 AM
    04-19-2018 01:14 AM
    and we may get nuked...lol

Updated 4/18/18 – Things just got even worse for ZTE. According to someone familiar with the matter at hand, ZTE's access to using Android on its mobile devices may be revoked. Alphabet is reportedly in talks with ZTE about the impact of the ban that was announced on Monday, and while a decision on this front hasn't been met yet, this isn't a good position for ZTE to be in.
    ckfilmstar likes this.
    04-19-2018 01:15 AM
    Well this sucks. I wonder if this also has to do with bs debacle of our (USA) govt with China and their raising their tariffs.
    I bet it has more to do with that if anything.
    Is playing childless games.
    Damn I wonder what phone to get that is similar to axon 9
    04-19-2018 02:02 AM
    I may go back to a dumb phone
    04-19-2018 12:37 PM
    I have been looking around and just seems like theres nothing close to this phone. either you go way down to the $200 phones or way up to $7-800...the 300-400 is a dead zone right now. and now we have to deal with all these notch knock offs...Can I just buy a One+5T somewhere?
    unclefunbuckets likes this.
    04-19-2018 01:08 PM
    I think axon 9 would of been around 500 to 600 range.
    It seems if u want something comparable to axon 9 specs, u will have to spend 500 or 600+.
    Now the high end phones are around $900usd and up unfortunately.
    Basically these companies test out these phone prices and how dumb people are willing to pay for a phone thats only high end for about few months.
    So thanks to dumb *** consumers I guess.
    unclefunbuckets and kbz1960 like this.
    04-19-2018 03:15 PM
    I would consider the axon 9 if it was around the $500-600 mark. I just have a problem getting in the 700 and up world.
    04-19-2018 06:38 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the axon is going to be 500 to 600 plus.
    But it seems we won't be getting the ZTE.
    04-19-2018 07:01 PM
    Don't be so sure just yet. ZTE is sueing.
    04-20-2018 12:13 PM
    This is going to be interesting. I hope it's not banned.
    I got use to the axon and I'm hoping the 9 will come out soon
    04-21-2018 02:19 AM
    I'm hoping that current ZTE phones will still continue to work. Seems to me that if they fi not, either ZTE, google, or the US government owes us some cash.
    04-21-2018 08:50 AM
    I'm hoping that current ZTE phones will still continue to work. Seems to me that if they fi not, either ZTE, google, or the US government owes us some cash.
    I would think current phones will still function, just stuck in time without anymore OS and security updates. Buy and use at your own risk.
    04-21-2018 08:54 AM
    I see no reason that current phones would stop working.

ZTE would be smart to continue updated to it's phones to maintain trust in the market especially during the pending law suit.
    04-21-2018 09:26 AM
    I see no reason that current phones would stop working.

ZTE would be smart to continue updated to it's phones to maintain trust in the market especially during the pending law suit.
    They can only do what they're permitted to do. At this point, having to deal with USA regulators plus Alphabet Google Android, options for the OEM are very limited.
    04-21-2018 09:39 AM
    I just did a live chat with a ZTE tech support rep and he said the Axon 7 will continue to be supported and once Android 8 rises from beta, it will be released. He also said all Android functions including Google apps will continue to work as they have in the past. You guys should do a chat with support rather than conjecture, LOL
    ffejjj likes this.
    04-21-2018 01:31 PM
    Really tech support? They don't know anymore than we do lol.
    And if everything goes right for ZTE, it's going to be axon 9, not 8
    04-21-2018 02:05 PM
    Well this sucks. I wonder if this also has to do with bs debacle of our (USA) govt with China and their raising their tariffs.
    I bet it has more to do with that if anything.
    Is playing childless games.
    Damn I wonder what phone to get that is similar to axon 9
    ZTE was caught doing business with Iran and North Korea, America doesn't allow foreign companies that do business with those nations to do business with American companies.
    04-21-2018 03:24 PM
    I just did a live chat with a ZTE tech support rep and he said the Axon 7 will continue to be supported and once Android 8 rises from beta, it will be released. He also said all Android functions including Google apps will continue to work as they have in the past. You guys should do a chat with support rather than conjecture, LOL
    Asking some employee whose possibly losing their job due to specific type situation will not give you accurate information. More likely they're in their own self-denial about the desperation of their own situation and sitting in a huge self-imposed blind spot.
    04-22-2018 08:39 PM
    Asking some employee whose possibly losing their job due to specific type situation will not give you accurate information. More likely they're in their own self-denial about the desperation of their own situation and sitting in a huge self-imposed blind spot.
    So does that mean you're giving up on ZTE? When you look for used Axon 7's the prices certainly aren't going down! In fact I'm seeing some at all time highs, though I can't justify paying them. $200 is about the lowest I've seen for one in good condition. And since Oreo was already in beta, it would make sense they release it regardless of the outcome with Google.
    04-24-2018 04:47 PM
    We shall see if they do release it.
    04-24-2018 05:01 PM
    So does that mean you're giving up on ZTE? When you look for used Axon 7's the prices certainly aren't going down! In fact I'm seeing some at all time highs, though I can't justify paying them. $200 is about the lowest I've seen for one in good condition. And since Oreo was already in beta, it would make sense they release it regardless of the outcome with Google.
    That would be explained by supply and demand. If new devices aren't going to be available for sale, the older devices will be the only devices available for sale which pushes up those prices in the short-term. Whether Oreo gets released or not is partially determined by Google itself. Losing the Android license can have all types of legal consequences. Ultimately, hardware prices will drop as support will drop if license is lost. Doesn't really matter too much in the USA, as marketshare has been low due to lack of significant carrier support.
    04-25-2018 06:53 AM
    That would be explained by supply and demand. If new devices aren't going to be available for sale, the older devices will be the only devices available for sale which pushes up those prices in the short-term. Whether Oreo gets released or not is partially determined by Google itself. Losing the Android license can have all types of legal consequences. Ultimately, hardware prices will drop as support will drop if license is lost. Doesn't really matter too much in the USA, as marketshare has been low due to lack of significant carrier support.
    Good points all though in my eyes, those seeking to get at or near full retail for a used device with what is now dated SoC and features, not to mention lack of updates to Android P and beyond doesn't justify the cost. So far it doesn't appear the US govt or Google will change their positions either, which doesn't bode well for ZTE overall
    04-27-2018 02:47 PM
    So its April 30th, and no Oreo(shocker) AND have you guys checked your update function? Its been down for over a week.

What do the experts make of that? would love to hear what you guys think.

Personally, Im waiting for these new crop of devices and with this Tmo/Sprint merger, 2018 is gonna get wilder than anyone thought!
    04-30-2018 01:50 PM
62 123